What's new

Curse you Apple!!!

Yep- I always had a book in my hand when in the break room, smoking, waiting in line, public transit, etc.
That may be true but I see loads of young couples lunching together and they spend the whole time staring at their phones, saying barely a word to each other. Now, I never used to sit there reading a book when I took a young gel for lunch. :)

i used to have an apple smartwatch but as much as i paid for that wearable it was not worth it. i dont know why they have very aggresive prices for everything it not like thy are doing anything different from the competition, now i have a Ewatch which hasn't took much toll on my pocket and still runs like brand new watch.

10% you're wearing a watch anyways, it might as well have some useful functions beyond telling the time.
40% fitness / sleep tracking
40% letting you leave your phone in your pocket while still getting important and actionable alerts
10% cool stuff like mobile payments and boarding passes on your wrist.

Most people no longer wear watches because their phone will tell them the time.

If you work out, you really do not need a watch to tell you this. And you do not need a watch to tell you "how", either.

Meh, if it's important you're likely expecting that notification anyway. If it's not, you know you're not expecting anything "big" in the first place.

This is the main reason.

I like a watch to be a watch. I'm already stuck with a phone that can send men to the moon, I don't need to pretend to be Dick Tracy.

Most people no longer wear watches because their phone will tell them the time.

If you work out, you really do not need a watch to tell you this. And you do not need a watch to tell you "how", either.

Meh, if it's important you're likely expecting that notification anyway. If it's not, you know you're not expecting anything "big" in the first place.

This is the main reason.

I like a watch to be a watch. I'm already stuck with a phone that can send men to the moon, I don't need to pretend to be Dick Tracy.

You and I use our phones in very different ways!

Top Bottom