What's new

Curious about Joris DE Razors

I have three DE razors that I rotate depending on the need and feel that I want. There is the basic Merkur 34C which is capable of a clean enjoyable shave every time (unless I'm not paying attention to blade changes or the lather isn't quite right)

I have a Muhle OC Sophist (with Bog Oak Handle) that sees more shave days than the others.... it is quite a performer and so comfortable when held at the right angle.

Finally a Muhle Closed Comb Sophist (African Blackwood) that is the least aggressive and most comfortable of the three. It might take an extra pass to get as close as the other two.

I don't know anything about Joris. They are expensive and quite handsome in the pictures. They look like they are great razors but how do they compare to what I already shave with? I am not one to spend money without knowing what I'm really getting. Are the Joris razors worth the price tag? Could there be any advantage to owning one? I really love my standard three that get regular use.

• :001_unsur

Joris is a very well made and finished razor. They are on the aggressive side and would be several steps up in blade exposure to what you now have. They use the same head as the Fatip but with a fit and finish that would make you think that they are completely different

If you want to "see" if you like that aggressive of a razor, get a Fatip first. If you like it and want a show piece razor, then get your Joris

proxy.php

The Joris is a Fatip razor head that is refinished and slightly enhanced in France by Plisson razor company . They replate it with Palladium and add a modified heavier fancy handle. Many believe that this alteration has improved the shave results by a significant margin. Fatip is distributed by Morocutti and manifactured by Pafaro of Ilario Fazzini, both in Italy.

This thread has a lot of insight from our members. It is informative and fun. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...ip-lovers-reviews-and-pics-thread!?highlight=

imo the quality is only in the handle. the head does have a better plating on the top of the top cap but the underside looks the exact same. and my joris bottom plate is eh. my handle however is awesome. i owned 3 total and sold all but one that i decided to keep.

Top Bottom