What's new

Cremo...WOW

I haven't used it in a while
Maybe I'm mistaken.
I have gotten such nice other hard soaps that I haven't used it in a while.

I've heard that people can get a lather from original Cremo, but I haven't tried that route yet. If I use it I'm perfectly happy to go brushless, as I've heard that the best way to lather it is with a"bowl"and I prefer to face lather.

Last edited:
That may be the discrepancy with people's experience. I typically bowl lather, and it works like any other cream that I have bowl lathered. I've never tried to face lather it.

Well, since my wife wasn't thrilled with Cremo, I have been using it. Here is what I have found. The directions indicate it is basically a brushless cream. However, after being dissatisfied using it without a brush, and after reading the comment from @captnronfl, I decided to use it like a regular cream. I definitely get a good lather when I add plenty of water. The water also increases the slick factor significantly. I would consider getting Cremo again, but as a regular cream, not with the intent of a brushless cream. I still prefer hard soaps (sorry cvargo - grin), but Cremo works quite well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I find it nice. I've never really tried a lather cream as I'm fairly new to wet shaving. I do still keep a wet brush on hand, and throughout the shave added some water when it starts getting a bit tacky. Trying since Col. Ichabod soon, so I'll know better if I like lather more soon.

Top Bottom