What's new

Cremo...WOW

I tried this out tonight and all I can say is wow. I followed the directions and it was different not having any lather on my face but I can say it was as close if not more close a shave as any soap or cream I have used before but more importantly it was far far smoother. I made 3 passes and all I had to do between passes was rub more water on my face. The stuff is so slick I had trouble pulling my skin up around my jaw even with dried hands.

Glad it worked so well for you. My wife tried it for leg shaving but found it wanting. I guess it is another one of those items that works great for some but not so good for others.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My uncle gave me a tube of this stuff that he didn't want and I use it for a pre shave now just to get rid of it. It definitely works really well as a pre shave. I personally like to lather as well so this product was not for me either.

I find it amusing that some people don't even want to try it for the simple fact that it does not lather.

I've got a tube of Cremo that doesn't see a lot of use, but have been very impressed with the slickness. I'm not too crazy about the scent, but will never knock the performance.

I have a tube and with the right amount of water it is slick as all get out. No need for a brush which can be handy for travel. It's very "practical". I'd take Cremo over almost any canned goo in a heartbeat.

OTOH I like soaps, brushes and straight razors so I'm obviously about as far from practical as one can get in the shave world short of forging your own steel and making you own soap (and I made a few batches of soap).

Cremo is definitely slick stuff. I enjoy the process of soap and brush, but Cremo is a great additive for those soaps I have that lack slickness.

Holy Cow.. I just bought a tube at Walmart today.! It is slicker than ice & has more slickness than anything I have. My shave was with my Schone Razor & a X5 Supermax blade also my trusty Razorock Disruptor brush. Golly, what a DFS & no redness going against the grain on my neck. I am impressed.!! I almost dropped my razor on the floor because I got some slickness on it from washing the razor off in the sink.

Holy Cow.. I just bought a tube at Walmart today.! It is slicker than ice & has more slickness than anything I have. My shave was with my Schone Razor & a X5 Supermax blade also my trusty Razorock Disruptor brush. Golly, what a DFS & no redness going against the grain on my neck. I am impressed.!! I almost dropped my razor on the floor because I got some slickness on it from washing the razor off in the sink.

Haha, my straight razor has almost skipped out of my fingers a couple times while using Cremo.

I tried this out tonight and all I can say is wow. I followed the directions and it was different not having any lather on my face but I can say it was as close if not more close a shave as any soap or cream I have used before but more importantly it was far far smoother. I made 3 passes and all I had to do between passes was rub more water on my face. The stuff is so slick I had trouble pulling my skin up around my jaw even with dried hands.
I really thought you were exaggerating on the Cremo until I used it & found out you were spot on. Cremo has went under my Radar for years but, no longer.

I'm not the biggest fan of brushless creams, but I can appreciate their slickness. Royall Lyme is another brushless cream that is very slick, and the scent is outstanding. Sadly, it isn't advertised as"brushless"which seems to have misled plenty of people.

Last edited:
OK, as I mentioned earlier, my wife isn't a fan. This means it is up to me to use it up. I have used it for the past three days. It has a pretty good scent, as I purchased the coconut mango for my wife. It has excellent slickness. It has zero cushion, which is expected. It also clogged my Fatboy on setting 5. I prefer soaps, and therefore am quite biased, just so folks know where I am coming from. In terms of performance, I don't think anyone could really complain. It works quite well. I won't be getting more, but it does exactly what it states it does; provides a slick lotion for shaving.

You guys know that Cremo, although advertised as brushless, is easy to whip into a lather, right?
Wow I should have read the "destruction's" first.
Everyone was saying how good Cremo and Proraso was.
I bought both from Amazon and a nice Ever Ready badger brush from eBay.
Went out to the thrift shops and found a nice silver oblong bowl.
No one said that you weren't supposed to not use a brush.
I just assume that you did because everyone was talking about their brushes.
Haven't looked back since but now I will try it with out a brush.
I do love my brush though.

Wow I should have read the "destruction's" first.
Everyone was saying how good Cremo and Proraso was.
I bought both from Amazon and a nice Ever Ready badger brush from eBay.
Went out to the thrift shops and found a nice silver oblong bowl.
No one said that you weren't supposed to not use a brush.
I just assume that you did because everyone was talking about their brushes.
Haven't looked back since but now I will try it with out a brush.
I do love my brush though.
There's nothing wrong with using a brush to put it on. Just don't expect it to lather.

Top Bottom