What's new

Cremo Shave soap

I just tried Cremo Shave soap. I have to admit for me it's one of the slickest shave soaps I've tried. Used it as directed and seen on YouTube. Use an almond sized dollop split between the two sides of my face, spread it out, then thinned with a little water. I'm able to get three very good pass's with one application. I just wet my hand and re moisten it a bit between pass's. The last pass was as slick as the first. It has a nice mild scent. I would say this saves me a lot of time of not having to use a brush to create a lather or use a brush and one application.
It's moderately priced and a good value. Anybody have similar experiences.

Cremo is great stuff. I have the Original, Cooling, and Lathering Sandalwood.

It's a long story, but the Cooling Cream is so good it got me hooked and I started to enjoy shavings again with my carts. I used it daily for months. This led to me down the next logical hole of DE shaving. The Sandalwood is relatively new and is nice, but the lathering claim is kind of weak for my tastes. I give them kudos for trying and I understand they are improving the lathering formula.

I don't use the Cooling much since I have been lathering, but occasionally I bust it out because it is good and slick. It is also fun to mix sometimes with something like Williams mug. I never really used the Original much since I always preferred the Cooling. I probably use the Sandalwood the most now because it does lather a bit and it is still as slick as the earlier products.
Steve

I bought a tub of the lathering Sandalwood. As indicated, they are working on the formulation, as it seems to generate a pretty thin lather. I've experimented with the water to product ratio and have gotten a decent lather.

It is slick.

I have both the lathering Sandalwood and original cooling I love them both. The lathering Sandalwood is nice but the lather dissipates quite fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used the original Cremo Crème as a pre-shave for quite some time, and recently purchased the Cooling version. Very nice! And definitely can feel the menthol!

Tried Cremo today feeling pretty sure I wasn't going to say, 'This stuff is really good'. But I have to say, 'This stuff is good. No, it's great'. I had the smoothest and most comfortable shave ever. I don't usually comes yep variables at one time... However, I also changed my blades from Astra SP to, drum roll, Nacet Stainless, my new blade-of-choice. Well, Cremo, my Baby Smooth, and a shiney new Nacet delivered shaving Satori.

I think Cremo is underrated. I have several versions (original, cool, mango/coconut, sandalwood); all are very slick if used as directed, with plenty of water.

I often like to do a 'mixed' three pass shave (wtg,xtg,atg). First two passes are standard soap/brush/DE setup, nice and easy reduction passes. On the third pass, I switch to Cremo and a multi-blade cartridge. I believe carts are in their functional sweet spot when the stubble is already way down. The mixed shave reliably gets me baby smooth, with little to no irritation. Used this way (one pass per shave), I find a cart easily lasts a month.

Has anyone tried the Lavender? Is it female product only?
I only have the Sandalwood Lathering. However, the lavender can be used by men. I have a tube of Derby Lavender, and I love it. I also have the DSC Lavender bar soap. DSC is marketed to men. I really don't see how any soaps, especially by reputable companies really care if men or women use it.

I only have the Sandalwood Lathering. However, the lavender can be used by men. I have a tube of Derby Lavender, and I love it. I also have the DSC Lavender bar soap. DSC is marketed to men. I really don't see how any soaps, especially by reputable companies really care if men or women use it.
Just wondering, The Lavender Cremo is always marketed in the female shaving area in stores.

Just wondering, The Lavender Cremo is always marketed in the female shaving area in stores.
I know Barbasol's parent company also owns Silk. The chemicals in both are similar, but they are formulated slightly different. Barbasol is formulated for facial hair while Silk is formulated for finer body hair. If you are a body shaver and use the canned stuff, Silk would be your best bet.

Seems the really good stuff, like Cremo and other higher end companies that make actual soaps and creams, doesn't matter what hair you are shaving.

However, the lavender can be used by men.

Not to mention the wonderful Speick, which has a dominant note of lavender with a hint of pepper and a bit of herby speick plant. Lavender can definitely be masculine and used by men! :302:

i posted about this recently in another thread but it's more suited here, where some fans of Cremo may get to see it - ...there's a Natural Cremo shave cream and a matching natural post shave balm, they have green caps and/or green stripes on the labeling,...with a great smell that's woody/herbal & a little spicy, almost exactly the same scent as the Speick stick. There's even some kinda natural sunblock face lotion but i haven't tried that one

They're only sold at certain walmarts in-store, not available for purchase online or anywhere else. But you can use the walmart website to find which stores have them in stock.

Last edited:
Picked up a tube of the Cooling today at Walmart. I've been using the Original off and on for a few years now. I guess for some people the fact this stuff isn't artisanal, or European, and can be found at Walmart for $6 means a low performance expectation.

I get by just fine with this and Arko sticks.

Top Bottom