What's new

Cremo Shave Cream

I was givin a product from my relative who never used it. Cremo shave cream comes in a tube rather than a aerosol can. I've seen it available at Walmart for like $6 and Amazon has mostly positive reviews. I have the original red tube but a blue Cooling Shave Cream is also available. Anybody have any experience with this product??? If so please comment before I use it...

For me the red works good as a preshave but I typically get some irritation used as a shaving cream alone. But some others report much better luck. Now the blue is another story. I really like it and get great shaves with it. The scent and feel are great.

For me, it's very slick but I feel the razor scraping across my skin as it doesn't produce much cushion.

Cremo Cream is actually the product that started my down this rabbit hole.

On impulse I bought some thinking that it would be nice to find a product that gave my a more comfortable shave than Edge shave gel. I looked online for some reviews and stumbled across B&B and now here I am, a convert to the world of artisan soaps, quality brushes, DE and straight razors.

I picked up a tube of the original (red) last night (at Walmart) to make uber lather with, have a decent soap (DownEast Shaving Soap) that I really like and wanted to take things up a notch (newbie acting presumptuously :blush:). Worked well for me and the scent augmented the soap's scent nicely. To me, the scent was orange-y citrus. It added slickness and I only had technique-related irritation.

Good slickness, zero cushion. That makes it great for dummy-proof cartridge shaving. Not so great for folks like us.

I read very good reviews about it as well. Personally, I was underwhelmed.

I tend to find that with all brushless creams and oils. I think Cremo is the best of the bread and I like Giovanni Green Tea just after that, but I just don't find them as pleasant to shave with. Although but Cremo and Giovanni are slick enough they just don't seem to prevent irritation as well.

Good slickness, zero cushion. That makes it great for dummy-proof cartridge shaving. Not so great for folks like us.

I think I'll try a cart shave with it and see. I just don't find brushless creams that great with a DE or SE but a cart just might be ok since that's proably what they are designed to be used with. Biggest problem is that they tend to clog the razor so a cart might have to be rinsed a lot.

I like the scent and it works for me. I bowl lather it which gives decent results. It works much better mixed with a shot of Kiss My Face unscented and bowl lathered.

I found Cremo to be great at what it is. But as others note, it's a cartridge shaver's cream. Mediocre as a DE or straight lubricant. Too thin.

I found Cremo to be great at what it is. But as others note, it's a cartridge shaver's cream. Mediocre as a DE or straight lubricant. Too thin.
I'd agree about the red tube original formula but having good luck with the blue cooling formula and DE shaving.

Never tried the blue. May have to reevaluate.
Formulas look fairly similar but my results are definitely better. Smell and feel better to. The original formula scent didn't bother me at first but over time I grew to dislike it.

I love Cremo!

Use it for what it's worth.

Today I had to rush from gym shorts in the home office to a last minute lunch meeting down the block within 20 minutes.

A quick wet down, once shot of Cremo on the tops of the fingers, right to the face an smeared on within 30 seconds.

Slick as hell!

DE R41 1-pass shave is finished in two minutes.

Smack some Floid on and out the door.

Cremes quick and effective and never had irritated skin.

I actually like it as much as my Speick or Tabac, however it is not as fun to work with.

Top Bottom