What's new

Cream expiration....how long?

I was starting to wonder the same thing. The oldest one I have is TOBS sandalwood that's almost a year and a half old. It seems fine to me

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
No smell from my creams. As soon as I take a tub out of the shipping package I spend the 10-15 minutes cleaning the entire tub (lid, all screw ridges, etc.). It then goes right into the fridge, and there is no smell. When I use one, I dip the tips of the brush in and do a partial swirl, and then wipe around the rim with toilet paper (if it even needs it at all). Then right back in the fridge at the end of my shave. Never a scent comes from the closed tub.

Actually, fridges are not moisture laden, but dry. Notice when you pull a cold item out of the fridge that it is dry, and only becomes moist after it is out in room temperature for a while.

I'll admit I may sound a little anal talking about cleaning my cream tubs and keeping them in the fridge, but I like them neat and clean with no scent on the outside of the tub. The extra few minutes I spend a few times a year gives me a top shelf enjoyable product that I derive a lot of pleasure from using. To each his own. :001_smile

$monk-show.jpg

:lol: JUST TEASING!

I have come across two croaps that I assume have gone rancid. Razorock P160 and Myrkvidr. They both have the same scent. But I think P160 was supposed to smell like sweet marzipan/almonds. There's no sweetness any more. Doesn't smell like Cella at all.

And Myrkvidr is supposed to smell like dark forest, etc, but all I get is that same rancid smell. At first, since Myrk is where I smelled the rancid odor first, I assumed it was just part of the scent profile that just wasn't for me. But now I get the same sutff that is supposed to smell like sweet almonds.

And BTW, these were both obtained used from Shave Bazaar.

Wow... didn't realize this was an old thread.

Top Bottom