What's new

Cream and or sugar?

How do ya take it Mack?

• Black Coffee (a manly drink )

• Creamer Only (A walk on the lighter side)

• Sugar Only (It’s all you Sweets Sweety)

• Cream and Sugar (I'm all in!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’ve recently started to drink my coffee black giving up cream.
In lurking in The Café my interest in coffee has gotten deeper. I will be investing in a percolator and seeking out better coffees to try.

But I thought it would be interesting to see how we all drink our coffee.

So what say you?

Black
Creamer only
Sugar only
Cream and sugar

Cheers,
Todd

Black, strong, hot, and cheap. I'm probably going to be burned at the stake for this, but my favorite is still Folgers Black Silk in my Bunn drip maker. Cheap coffee, decent machine. Gets the strength about right (If held up to a light in a glass highball, you cannot see light through it). Good stuff. Everyone who's tried it thinks it's too strong (SWMBO calls it "Coffin Varnish"), but I still drink a full pot every day. Hence why I buy cheap coffee.:lol:

Last edited:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Just coconut milk? Or with the butter, or oil?

Unless you've tried it you wouldn't understand, and even then you may not.

I voted for cream and sugar, but like the answer to most yes/no questions, that's not really accurate or helpful. The real answer is that it depends on how good the coffee is. If I get a cup of really spectacular coffee (like what you can get in even the cheapest dives in Europe), I drink it black. If it's excellent but not quite spectacular, I add cream only. If it's decent, like Starbuck's dark roast, I add cream and raw sugar. If it's below that level of quality, I take a pass and drink some other beverage. Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

If the coffee is ok to good, or better, I take it black.

If the coffee is less than ok, I take it regular, cream and sugar. It is a heavy price to pay for a caffeine fix.

Straight espresso (single or double shot: black OR sometimes with sugar
Americonos: Whole milk (warmed in the microwave not steam frothed).
Pour over: Whole milk. Sometimes I will drink the first one black to evaluate the roast and brew, then milk for the rest
Auto drip: Whole milk (always)
Siphon: Whole milk (always)
French press: Whole milk (always)

I used to drink my coffee black but now it is just to taste the subtle flavors of the bean, then grab the milk to make a smooth cup of coffee
Moka Pot: Whole milk and sugar

Black, strong, hot, and cheap. I'm probably going to be burned at the stake for this, but my favorite is still Folgers Black Silk in my Bunn drip maker. Cheap coffee, decent machine. Gets the strength about right (If held up to a light in a glass highball, you cannot see light through it). Good stuff. Everyone who's tried it thinks it's too strong (SWMBO calls it "Coffin Varnish"), but I still drink a full pot every day. Hence why I buy cheap coffee.:lol:

I still use Folgers as my base coffee (50%) then add 25% dark roast and 25% of a nice single origin bean (grocery store bean). I have been doing that for as long as I have been drinking coffee and using a Bunn brewer. A Bunn brewer will make good tasting coffee out of dirt and play sand. $bth_coffeelots.gif

Top Bottom