What's new

Cracked Ball End Old Type Handle

Bought an old type with a cracked handle. Bad crack. Have seen the thread on repairing it. Did so. Little voice in my head said "Leave the clamps on over night." Shut up little voice. It is 5 minute epoxy and its been hours. Well as usual the voice was right. I removed the clamps. Inspected. Looked pretty good. Went to bed satisfied. Woke up and grabbed handle to show wife how awesome I am. Crack had reopened. DOH!

It is a $3 razor that even if it has the original handle it is still cracked. It is nothing sentimental or extraordinary. So today I decided to build a handle. Aluminum is about as close as I could come to a suitable material. I do not have the handle with me, so I had to go by memory. That may have bit me also because I think I made it short. Oh well, $0 and a half hour invested. Results in pic....

Oh ya, Aluminum bar stock, engine lathe, RH turning tool, LH turning tool, and a knurling head.

Attachments

• ball handle.jpg
    ball handle.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Well done, can you show us a picture of the head of the razor attached to the newly made handle?

Aluminum is about as close as I could come to a suitable material. I do not have the handle with me, so I had to go by memory. That may have bit me also because I think I made it short.
Nice handle but I agree, a little short. Good for a razor in the Dopp bag though.

Top Bottom