What's new

Counterfeit Feathers?

About 2 years ago I bought a tuck of Feather blades at auction on eBay from an Israeli seller - perfect
I also got a tuck of Feather blades with my Windrose D-9 razor that I bought from an English seller - perfect
I bought 2 tucks of Feather blades from 2 different Thai sellers both were at auction and both were sold with Astra SS and SP blades as job lots - one was perfect, the other wasn't
The problem was I put both tucks in a drawer and had no way of knowing which one came from which seller

I think one tuck were probably fakes, and I've no doubt that there are as many unscrupulous sellers on eBay who pass off fakes as there are genuine sellers who inadvertently buy 100s of fakes off their suppliers
Largely academic because I'd rather have 200 Silver Star from Egypt (via India) for less money than 100 Feathers cost

I actually bought from that guy, didn't notice that he had only been a member for a day. eBay saved me, they automatically cancelled the deal and my money had not gone through (paypal). Everything was automatic from ebay. I did nothing at all (I checked the details after auction).
Now I am overly suspicious of low prices and don't want to pay overprice either. Battle of the mind, goos thing my 15 overpriced Kai blades were bought before my "crisis". :)

So I saw a 50 pack of Feather blades on Amazon for $14 and jumped on it because the price is way cheaper than what I normally see them selling for. In fact, when I look up Feathers on Amazon they all are remarkably cheaper than on shaving websites.
I'm not sure if they are legit or possibly counterfeit. They are in the normal yellow packaging, but they only have 5 blades per pack. I've never seen the yellow pack have less than 10 blades. Otherwise they look identical to the Feathers that I'm used to (same wrapping, same printing on the blades, etc...). So do you think these are legit, or fakes?
Legit, if you got them from Amazon prime I don't know, I just don't see them being counterfeits. Check the blades itself and make sure the printing is the same, as well as they do come in packs of 5!

Top Bottom