Well, after my adventure with a drill press Brush I decided to buy a lathe for fun. I ended up making another acrylic brush to match the one from the drill press. While getting to know my lathe a bit I roughed out maybe 5 types of brush handles out of wood but never came close to finishing them. They were just for getting used to the tools for making brush handles. Thanks to a friend of mine who gifted me a stabilized piece of Coolibah a few days ago (an accomplished pen maker) I set forth to see if I could actually do it. It is a very dense Australian Eucalyptus wood I believe. This was also my first attempt at a C.A. finish which I tried several times to get right. Happy with the result. Here's some photos, Ready for final sand, Ready for finish Finished, A fun project. I have enough for another if I don't screw it up so maybe I will order two knots, I'm sure I'll make another at some point if the other piece blows up.