What's new

Construction Zone

Let's see...I lurked for ooohhhh, about a day before I joined and haven't stopped obsessing over this site since I joined. A technical guy by trade, but an artist at heart....

You guessed it, I'm going to make may own brush. Have a handle picked out and going to get in touch with the lovely folks over at The Golden Nib for a badger knot (there's a huge appeal to me for my first badger to be one I create).

A little teaser on the handle...I picked up a hand carved little wooden beauty on one of my business trips to India that I think is just going to look awesome...can't wait to get started. If you guys are interested, I'll post up step by step.

:thumbup:

Any MUST KNOW tips are appreciated! :001_cool:

Definitely post with your progress, and before-after photos! I love seeing bespoke brushes made from items not originally intended to be handles!

The knot has been ordered from TGN...16mm Finest Badger. Had to stay small. The handle is only about 22mm wide, so I figured a 2mm lip would be enough.

Will definitely post the step by step for you guys! Can't wait to get started.

Hey guys...sorry, didn't get the chance to do step by step, but here's a couple of pics before she blooms.

The handle is a crudely handcarved representation of the national emblem I picked up in Hyderabad, India in 2005.

It was carved in two pieces, so I just took the top half, drilled out the appropriate size hole and set her in there. I opted to go with the o-ring as the rim of the piece had some damage, but I don't think it detracts from it too much. A little sealer/varnish and she's done.

I welcome any and all feedback!

Top Bottom