Comparison

Dovo’s
Filarmonica
Max sprecher
Ralf aust
Wade and butcher

And the list goes on.....

Besides size of blade, hollow or half hollow ect

Does a Filarmonica shave any better than a dovo? Or a Max sprecher.....or a Ralf aust.

Or is it just fancy scales and etching on the blade that really puts the price tag any higher.

Ive had great shaves and bad shaves from all straights ive owned.

Id like to hear your views

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive had a few, from a gold dollar to Ralf Aust, dovo’s, wade and butchers ect.

Ive had great shaves from gold dollars.

Mix up with my posts. Sounded like i answered my own posts.

Meant to be part of the first post.

From maker to maker I don't think there's much difference in shave quality if the blade is of quality. Most of it is frills for higher end blades.

I do think size makes a difference in shave quality, one must find the size that fit's one's face. Other than that I don't think it matters.

Chris

From maker to maker I don't think there's much difference in shave quality if the blade is of quality. Most of it is frills for higher end blades.

I do think size makes a difference in shave quality, one must find the size that fit's one's face. Other than that I don't think it matters.

Chris

Thanks

I think a lot of razors have a high price tag for the scales and etching.

Any sharp quality steel razor will effortlessly cut hydrated whiskers. Size IME does not matter wrt cutting effort, if its sharp it will shave. I use 4, 5, 6 and 7/8th razors, yes smaller size maneuver easier and hold less lather than something larger.

The cheapest new car you can get will get you to the place you want to go to just as certain as a new Mercedes Benz will. It's up to you, your budget and your preferences. The same logic does also apply to straight razors.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Filarmonica and especially the CVH MK 32,33 are terrible razors. If you get stuck with one of these dogs, send them to me. Heck, I’ll even help you out of your misery by paying the postage. If they're in good shape I’ll trade you a nice Gold Dollar for them that will shave just as well.

Filarmonica and especially the CVH MK 32,33 are terrible razors. If you get stuck with one of these dogs, send them to me. Heck, I’ll even help you out of your misery by paying the postage. If they're in good shape I’ll trade you a nice Gold Dollar for them that will shave just as well.
Very generous of you Steve. Just to prove that I also can be generous, I'm willing to trade @Erchy both my GD razors for just one CVH 33. I feel generous today.

Top Bottom