What's new

Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
We agree on many things shaving, but this is one exception. The Lupo 95SB is an excellent razor, but the GC84-P holds a special place in my personal pantheon of razors.
Thats okay. They are so close to each other anyway. I also have a very deep fondness for the GC84p, as it was the first super awesome CNC stainless razor at an affordable price point. It was a revolutionary release. But for me, the Lupo 95 is just the better performer.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
If I may ask, what in particular makes the GC 84-P stand above the Lupo 95 for you?
My criteria for razors:
  • Efficient
  • Smooth
  • Nimble
  • Maneuverable
  • Predictable
The sum total of these attributes indicates how Effective a razor will be on my face, skin and beard.

The Lupo 95SB is certainly more efficient than the GC84-P. From there, I find the GC84-P to be smoother, more nimble, more maneuverable and more predictable.

Both are excellent razors. The GC84-P just scores higher on more of the attributes that I highly value.

Hope this helps. :)

The Lupo 95SB is certainly more efficient than the GC84-P. From there, I find the GC84-P to be smoother, more nimble, more maneuverable and more predictable.
Thank you for the clarification. 😁 I just shaved with the GC 84 after a week with the Lupo 95 and I agree pretty much with you on everything, although I don't the think the Lupo is less predictable. That helps a lot.

Based on your posts I have a Karve CB G plate on its way. 😁

Rex Envoy 20201221
View attachment 1199323
Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5)
Brush: Omega Model 10066 White Handle (24mm Boar)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat ('The Fat' rocks.)
Pre-shave: Splash face with warm water, massage Cremo into face, lightly rinse with warm water
Post-shave: Cold water rinse, towel dry, apply Clubman Osage Rub
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic

The Rex Envoy is an outstanding razor that shaves well above its price point. Excellent fit and finish. Absolutely smooth. Medium++ efficient. Outstanding results. Highly recommended. 👍
Just acquired a Rex Envoy and am looking for a stand. The Rex stand is a bit steep in price and takes up a good amount of real estate on my counter. Haven't found an inkwell that will fit the Envoy handle. Whattaya got there?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
2-23-24.Elite.Mike's.EagleBoarButterscotch.640.JPG

Best I've found for it so far is the Rex and it is not a perfect fit + it is not brass.

I have a large number of stands.

I'd order a custom Tibam if it were possible.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom