What's new

Col. Conk aftershaves

I am a recent convert to wetshaving. I have through several threads on this board and others that have lead me to purchasing a few shaving creams and finding Proraso to be my favorite. I also purchased a Col. Conk shaving soap (Bay rum) just to have something different. However, I must note that I haven't found any comments about the Col Conk aftershaves. I am aware that they are alcohol based, but I'm interested in your opinions.

Thanks,
Anthony

They aren't bad per se, but there are better options out there for less $ - Proraso a/s splash comes to mind for example.

Folks, I wanted to bump this thread up and see if there is a little more info on these products today. Mention of Conk Aftershaves is very infrequent.

I am totally digging the scent & performance of the Conk Amber soap and when the puck runs out I was thinking about getting the Amber aftershave when I reorder (probably like in 2010 :biggrin:).

I like the scent enough that I might be willing to take a hit in performance.

I have a decant of the Amber Conk and it smells nice and works fine. As Joel said, there are both better values and overall better performing splashes, but it's a decent splash nonetheless.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who's used Col. Conk's Almond aftershave balm. I like the subtle almond scent of Conk's Almond soap and have been curious lately about the afteshave balm.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who's used Col. Conk's Almond aftershave balm. I like the subtle almond scent of Conk's Almond soap and have been curious lately about the afteshave balm.

I'm curious too. I wasn't even aware of the product until the other day when I saw it on a vendor's web page (can't recall who.)

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I have the Conk Bay Rum aftershave and I do like it and it works well. Although for $19.00, it's not all that special. I would rather buy a bottle of Proraso splash or Speick splash for less than that.

I'm curious too. I wasn't even aware of the product until the other day when I saw it on a vendor's web page (can't recall who.)

I have the Col Conk almond aftershave balm. Unfortunately I don't have much experience with other products to make a good comparison, so I'm not sure how helpful I can be. It definitely smells very similar to the almond soap (maybe a little less sweet), and it definitely has alcohol in it. It has what I would assume to be a medium, kind of milky consistency: not a splash, but not a think cream. It seems to do a decent job alleviating irritation, but I would be willing to bet (as others have said) that there are better values. It comes in an old-timey glass bottle that I'm not too thrilled with.

Interesting. I've been around 4000 posts long, and never even knew there was such a thing. You learn something new every day.

-Mo

Throwing a bump in here, I have the almond and while I love the scent, it burns my face like fire. It also comes in a cool looking bottle that is hard to get the stuff out of. Not trying to be mean but Jergan's lotion would smell about as good an might be less irritation.

I'd like to try the amber and bay rum next myself.

On the other hand, those Col. Conk shaving soaps made by Van Der Hagen are the bomb!!!

-80s

I have the Conk Bay Rum aftershave and I do like it and it works well. Although for $19.00, it's not all that special. I would rather buy a bottle of Proraso splash or Speick splash for less than that.

Agreed, I also have the Bay Rum and although it's fine, I think it is way overpriced. I prefer Aqua Velva or Pinaud for less than half the cost.

the Almond is probably the best of the bunch-it's more like an aftershave milk. Smells like the soap for the most part.

marty

Top Bottom