What's new

Cocktails

What are your favourite cocktails? I enjoy the following: Daiquiri, Margarita, Negroni, Americano, and Vesper. I don't mind a Pimms Cup. I actually like a Cosmopolitan but my girlfriend says they are too girly..

Last edited by a moderator:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What are your favourite cocktails? I enjoy the following: Daiquiri, Margarita, Negroni, Americano, and Vesper. I don't mind a Pimms Cup. I actually like a Cosmopolitan but my girlfriend says they are too girly..
Strawberry Daiquiris are my favorite, tho I only drink beer now, one a day prescribed by my urologist, though I might go 3 or 4 or 5 days with zero, and 1.5 on another day. Lol, I'm an old light weight now; I might be able to drink 2 but not in a row!

Last edited by a moderator:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hate to be “that guy”…but let’s please leave the more risqué sexual innuendo drinks out of discussion please. Remember, even the Speakeasy is still family friendly B&B.
Thanks!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I prefer rye these days, but sometimes will use it in a Manhattan or to make a Boulevardier. Once in a great while I'll order something lighter with vodka or gin (Negroni maybe); in the summer time though I'm partial to Summer Shandys or Blue Moon's .. either of which due to the fruit juice might be termed a beer cocktail 🍺

Looking through the lists I see the the Americano that I usually forget unless someone else orders one first

FarmerTan

IMG_20210612_192845280~2.jpg

This is what I had this evening.

I think a good Negroni is hard to beat, but depending on how I feel:
Blood and Sand
Gimlet
Vesper
G&T

It also depends on the bar - at Atlas here I'll ask the staff to surprise me, which is how I started on the Blood and Sand(!)

Scotch / Whisky served neat in a Glencairn glass.

Vodka mixed with Cranberry or OJ. No a Cosmopolitan is not girly !

Bloody Mary, the spicier the better !
(Without the Celery, having something in your drink you can starve by eating only just isn't appealing.)

Margarita: prefer top shelf blends and Grand Marnier in the recipes.

Beer, small local craft breweries in town. Domestic large brewers don't get on my list often. Yuengling, Guinness, Bass make the list but Miller, Budweiser, Coors and the like left my list as I aged...

Hey I could be snob with such a limited list???? :eek2: Oh well I know what I like these days. I can still remember getting Old Milwaukee cause a case was under 4.00 and taste didn't matter to a young soldier.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

Scotch / Whisky served neat in a Glencairn glass.

Vodka mixed with Cranberry or OJ. No a Cosmopolitan is not girly !

Bloody Mary, the spicier the better !
(Without the Celery, having something in your drink you can starve by eating only just isn't appealing.)

Margarita: prefer top shelf blends and Grand Marnier in the recipes.

Beer, small local craft breweries in town. Domestic large brewers don't get on my list often. Yuengling, Guinness, Bass make the list but Miller, Budweiser, Coors and the like left my list as I aged...

Hey I could be snob with such a limited list???? :eek2: Oh well I know what I like these days. I can still remember getting Old Milwaukee cause a case was under 4.00 and taste didn't matter to a young soldier.
My son is a salesman for a beer distributor, so I get to try a lot of different beers for 25 cents that are outdated, dented... whatever. I too remember those $4 case days! I was ALWAYS a Bud man when I was young, and he used to werk for Budweiser, then switched to Miller-Coors. Miller Coors handles a LOT of the distribution of small/independent brewers.

If you'd have told me when I was young that I'd be drinking beer that has citrus in it, and Miller Genuine Draft, AND enjoying them immensely, I'd have challenged you to a "Chug Off!"

It amazes me how my life has werked out. I can only handle one beer a day now, and my son sells beer, and hates alcohol!

There has to be a book in there somewhere, or at least a kountry song!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Regulars include old fashioneds, martinis, and G & Ts. Less regularly but always enjoyed would be Negronis, Manhattans, Gin Fizzes, and Sazeracs.

Sazarac, Manhattan, Bourbon & Ginger, Hot Toddy (I prefer this in winter, obviously). Obviously, I think that's about it. I drink things mostly neat. Because I enjoy it, I'm a bit lazy, and I haven't found many places that consistently make good cocktails.

Top Bottom