What's new

Coach Wallet

Never had anything as fancy as a coach wallet.
This was a gift 10 years or so ago, and lives in my back pocket..

proxy.php

I've been using a Coach card case (with expandable pocket) for all my cards for the last 15 years. I put it through the washer and dryer: twice. I redressed the leather, and had a cobbler fix the stitching. It looks used, but is still quite servicable. I don't know anything about new Coach products.

Just for the change, I'm switching back to a regular walled, from the Leather Connection in Georgia. If you want something very "crafty" and old looking, check out their "Working Man's Wallet". Great colors.

I had one Coach wallet or another for 20 years. The first one went 15 of them until it became too shabby. The second is made of water buffalo leather. That is some tough stuff.

You can't compare coach to saddleback. It's like apples and oranges. Saddleback is a rough duty type item while coach is a dress item. I have the saddleback large wallet and I would never be using it with a suit. I know the owner talks about his leather on his site and says his is best. Maybe in his universe but in the world leather is is rated by it's softness and suppleness. I have a Ghurka wallet I bought 15 years ago and it looks as good as it did when I got it.

I have to say my small saddleback looks great with a suit. It's a flat piece of leather. They mostly look the same. Plus, it's in my pocket where no one sees it, so would it matter if it were pink?

I have a Coach wallet that I've been using for the last ten years. It's bottle green outside and buff inside. A very unobtrusive Coach logo stamped on the corner. It's definitely the best wallet I've ever had.

I use the Coach water buffalo slim card case for my license and credit cards, and keep my cash in a separate money clip in my front pocket. I've used mine daily for about 5 years and it probably has several more years of use in it. The logo is subtle (almost worn away by now) which I prefer. Overpriced? Perhaps, but if so, not by much. Amortized over the life of the product, the premium was worth it to me to get exactly what I was looking for from a reliable source.

Same here!!

Ive had the slim water buffalo wallet (the one with 4 card slots), from coach, for four years and I've loved it since day one. Having less space means I keep only the essentials, and after 4 years my Wallet shows no signs of needing replacement.

I don't think you would be disappointed if you went the saddleback route though.

I've had my Coach wallett for 7 years and it still looks and works great. I got it at an outlet mall for cheap and have never figured out what the problem with it was. The logo is very subtle and mine isn't even discernable anymore. If you can get one for a good price I'd say go for it.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have to say my small saddleback looks great with a suit. It's a flat piece of leather. They mostly look the same. Plus, it's in my pocket where no one sees it, so would it matter if it were pink?
Nope.

Not until it's your turn to pick up the tab at the business lunch with guys who up until now respected you and your manly image. :001_unsur
Never had anything as fancy as a coach wallet.
This was a gift 10 years or so ago, and lives in my back pocket..

proxy.php

Ah, you're a James Brown fan, I see (28 seconds in ... )

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N2OxuChrRM[/YOUTUBE]

Didn't even know Coach made anything but purses.

Ah, Coach ...

One of those "spending the day at the mall with SWMBO going from Pointleebrandstore to Pointlessbrandstore looking at madeinchina-crapola that she's all gaga over.

I can't get over the association. Heck, they could be making Harley Davidsons and I'd still think they're not manly. :wink2:

Yes it would. I have the large in brown and just from normal wear and tear its all marked up and it has no real shine to it. If you were with clients and wipped it out and you were in formal settings it would look tacky. Kind of like wearing a big plastic watch with a suit.

We'll just disagree on that, I guess. My Saddleback simply holds two cards on one side. And I have no interest in anyone who wants to judge me on the brand of my wallet. :)

Top Bottom