What's new

CO Bigelow...experience!

Funny may excuse vulgarity on occasion. The primary requirement is that the vulgarity actually be funny.

Badger & Blade was thriving before 07-06-2011, it will continue to do so after 11-07-2011.

Last edited:
Grandma. Church. Remember?

***? is this really the prevailing sentiment... i agree with V. it's different personalities that make this board more interesting than just a shaving products review site...

When i saw the post about bieber and R41 pass-around, it was ripe for a reach-around joke... i stopped myself because I can already see the conservative base hitting me with the fedora they just took off when they entered the board...

I haven't been participating very long in comparison to many guys, and I try not to be offensive often, but the line is creeping suspiciously towards blandness.

i agree with V. it's different personalities that make this board more interesting than just a shaving products review site...
+1

the forums are really good,and its only due to the mix of all the different personalities we have here,plus the good work of the staff behind it.I have not seen the actual post,so cant comment really if it was very offensive or not,i am sure the mods who deleted thought it was,and nothing to blame them too because they did it with the best interest of everyone.
all i would say that dont ban the user,a warning would have been ok.Afterall its christmas season on the way too :001_tongu .And even he never meant to offend anyone intentionally ,he seems to be a very nice guy!
just my two cents,hope i am not banned after this :behead:

I like C.O. Bigelow. Probably the best value shaving cream on the market today.

What's all this then? A post that is actually on thread?

What is really great about C.O. Bigelow is that it is made by Proraso and is very very very close to the same ingredients as Proraso and I like Proraso very much.

-jim

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
***? is this really the prevailing sentiment... i agree with V. it's different personalities that make this board more interesting than just a shaving products review site...

When i saw the post about bieber and R41 pass-around, it was ripe for a reach-around joke... i stopped myself because I can already see the conservative base hitting me with the fedora they just took off when they entered the board...

I haven't been participating very long in comparison to many guys, and I try not to be offensive often, but the line is creeping suspiciously towards blandness.

Jon, we here at B&B try to be as inclusive of differing viewpoints as possible, but over and above that we strive to maintain a certain "gentlemanly" tone reminiscent of years past. It's a 'forum culture' thing.

I'm sure that there are lots of places on the internet where jokes about reacharounds and blowjobs (whether in Italian films or not) and the get met with fist-bumps, high-fives and "dude, sweeeeeet!"s rather than disapproval.

To each his own.

The founders, owners and operators of B&B have always intended that B&B be a refuge from such 'humour' rather than a place for it. Not to say any of our members can't indulge in that sort of thing elsewhere ... just not here.

That's the way things are here, and if a few guys find that dull, boring or stifling, well, perhaps they need to find an outlet elsewhere to indulge those preferences ... not that that means they can't still come here, but if we really are that boring for them, I somehow doubt they'll stick it out for the well-mannered long-run.

Please take your hat off when inside the B&B, and keep it civil. :wink2:

Since starting to use Bigelow, I've enjoyed it, but I find myself missing/neglecting my soaps, etc. I guess that is the trouble with these ADs.

I'm still trying to figure out how long each tube lasts as I've heard some cite a few months per tube, but I'm not sure I see this tube lasting that long. When I reach the 1 month use mark in a few days, I'll have a better estimate.

Since starting to use Bigelow, I've enjoyed it, but I find myself missing/neglecting my soaps, etc. I guess that is the trouble with these ADs.

I'm still trying to figure out how long each tube lasts as I've heard some cite a few months per tube, but I'm not sure I see this tube lasting that long. When I reach the 1 month use mark in a few days, I'll have a better estimate.

The big tube?

The little one should last me over a month, maybe a month and a half. I am 3 weeks in and have maybe 1/2 left still (difficult to estimate). The big tube is 3x the size, so I am guessing 4 months should be easy. But then again, it depends on how much you use everyday. As I get to know it, I use less and less to get the same lather - so who knows it may last MUUUUCH longer.

I love this stuff. Been using it everyday and I like it more everyday that I use it.

I've been having some bad experiences trying to get shaving soaps (tried QCS and VDH) to lather up, so I took advantage of the buy two get one on Bigelow. I figured I'd give my QCS sample one more shot before going for the Bigelow, and after a few minutes of work and ending up with a lather that didn't last a minute on my face before fading away, I added a little Bigelow to the bowl and I got easily the best lather I ever had. Since I'm a beginner, it may just be that creams have less of a learning curve, and I'm sure QCS will do the job in skilled hands. Whatever it is, I sure was happy to finally have a good lather.

I ran out of soap and ran into B&BW to pick up a tube of CO Bigelow. I purchased the 1.7oz tubes and got 3 for $10. I figured if it didn't perform all that well I could PIF with the other two tubes and use the third as a travel backup. I got home, showered with the nighly shave to follow for my first use. After my initial use all I can say is GOOD GOOGLY MOOGLY! I am more than impressed. Granted my expectations were low to nonexistent seeing as how I had never used a cream but I can't see myself going back to soap for a while. The cool menthol zest is my preference in summer and especially in winter. The lather could not have been easier. I have been wet shaving for right at 9 months and consider myself mediocre at building lather and wish I would have started out with this cream. I realize it is not for everyone but I recommend it for beginners and anyone on a budget. I am still in law school and on a budget so this will work perfect for me until I acquire my J.D. and can add countless soaps to my rotation. Also, I apologize for the worlds longest paragraph, posting from my phone isn't very grammatically friendly.

I found an interesting phenomenon.

If you lather before you get in the shower (don't have to get it perfect - just get the cream wet and give it a few swirls so the water is incorperated).

It will literally explode when you whip it again after your shower. Not sure what is happening but it seems to make the perfect lather everytime.

Bigelow is an excellent cream. First cream I picked up when getting into DE shaving. Going to have to drop by B&BW and see if I can pick some more up with all the deals going on.

Jon, we here at B&B try to be as inclusive of differing viewpoints as possible, but over and above that we strive to maintain a certain "gentlemanly" tone reminiscent of years past. It's a 'forum culture' thing.

I'm sure that there are lots of places on the internet where jokes about reacharounds and blowjobs (whether in Italian films or not) and the get met with fist-bumps, high-fives and "dude, sweeeeeet!"s rather than disapproval.

To each his own.

The founders, owners and operators of B&B have always intended that B&B be a refuge from such 'humour' rather than a place for it. Not to say any of our members can't indulge in that sort of thing elsewhere ... just not here.

That's the way things are here, and if a few guys find that dull, boring or stifling, well, perhaps they need to find an outlet elsewhere to indulge those preferences ... not that that means they can't still come here, but if we really are that boring for them, I somehow doubt they'll stick it out for the well-mannered long-run.

Please take your hat off when inside the B&B, and keep it civil. :wink2:
Bob, I am with you on this one...B&B is a gentlemen's site and it should stay that way. Good job on keeping the rules and policies enforced.

My first cream was a travel tube of AOS Sandlewood. My second was C.O. Bigelow based on the chatter on this forum. Being about one third the price it delivers greater results than AOS IMHO. As an aside, if you need a brush-less cream I found this stuff is so slick all you need to do for third pass is wet the face and shave. It's that good.

Top Bottom