What's new

Clubman lime sec

I'm never easy to give up so quickly with something. Come sunrise, I'm going to experiment by usimg a bit of lime sec drops into a steaming hot towel, as part of the pre shave routine.

This sounds intriguing to me. I may have to try this too. Thanks!

I love the Clubman Pinaud, but my wife hates it. I was thinking the lime sec might be more excepted, so I plan on getting a sample to see how it goes.
Just wondering, does your wife like the Pinaud "Lilac Veg" or "Citrus Musk?" My wife's favorite is the lilac veg, which blew me out of the water. I think because she likes it so much, it grew on me and made me quickly become a lover of that fragrance as well.

I bought a bottle of Lime Sec today, "scent unseen" on my weekly trip to Pasteur Pharmacy in NYC. Not disappointed! PV29 has it nailed... candy lime at first, but giving way to a clean, soap-showered fresh scent. Can't wait to put it on again. Wonder how it will go with my Stirling MITA...

I'm not a huge Musk fan, so I haven't tried it, and the veg reputation of smelling like pee has put me off so I haven't tried that either.

Question about Lime Sec: it's labeled as an EDC. What's the diff between an EDC and AS? Are both suitably soothing to slap on after a shave-- or does an EDC have more sting potential?

I'm not a huge Musk fan, so I haven't tried it
There's very little actual musk smell to it.
Question about Lime Sec: it's labeled as an EDC. What's the diff between an EDC and AS? Are both suitably soothing to slap on after a shave-- or does an EDC have more sting potential?

The definition difference is the percent of fragrance added.

AS 1-3%
EdC 3-8%
EdT 5-15%
EdP 10-20%

Since AS is the only one meant to put on your face, the others usually don't have anything to help your skin, they are usually just alcohol & fragrance.

We all just treat Pinaud's EdC as if it were an AS, though, so splash away!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Summertime appreciation for Lime Sec!

its cool, clean and a nice change of pace.

Ive used it in blending other AS', but it stands nicely on its own. Probably should add some glycerin.

AA

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I have some Lime Sec and use it.

I reckon I'm getting old. Because...

I can hardly smell it when I put it on.

I put menthol crystal into my lime sec and love it. Wore it today fishing with my son and could smell it for 6 hours!

I put menthol crystal into my lime sec and love it. Wore it today fishing with my son and could smell it for 6 hours!

Ha! It must have attracted a ton of fish!!

$st james samples feather rudy vey pinaud lime sec july 11 2014.jpg

I was attending an event at the Princeton Club in NYC. When I went to the bathroom they had a bunch of aftershaves for use. One of them was Lime Sec. I took a sniff and it blew me away. I decided then that I needed to get some. I'll be buying a bottle with my next order from Amazon.

I was attending an event at the Princeton Club in NYC. When I went to the bathroom they had a bunch of aftershaves for use. One of them was Lime Sec. I took a sniff and it blew me away. I decided then that I needed to get some. I'll be buying a bottle with my next order from Amazon.

Of all the aftershaves in my cupboard, the Pinaud Lime Sec was the one I had least reason to buy and is now the one I have the most reason to always have on hand. It is soapy and clean smelling in the most delightful way, and the fragrance is long lasting. Later in the day I apply wet paper towel to liven up the fragrance for a bit longer. Love it.

I like me some Lime Sec.

Straight up lime to me. I don't get the candy thing, just my nose I guess since everyone else seems to.
Either way, good stuff. Citrus Musk is on my list, I'm curious to give that one a try also.

Citrus Musk is on my list, I'm curious to give that one a try also.

I do get the "candy" thing, but it's still good. It dries down nicely.
Anyways, if you like it, definitely make the Citrus Musk a must-buy. It's such a good scent. I've actually tried mixing the two, and it raises the lime notes, but still lays down a nice musk after tone. Such good stuff.

I do get the "candy" thing, but it's still good. It dries down nicely.
Anyways, if you like it, definitely make the Citrus Musk a must-buy. It's such a good scent. I've actually tried mixing the two, and it raises the lime notes, but still lays down a nice musk after tone. Such good stuff.
Mixing the two together?! Why hadn't I thought of that! You sir are a mad scientist and possibly a genius!

Top Bottom