What's new

Close out on lather bowl prototypes

Have been doing some spring cleaning and ran across these. When they are gone, they are gone.

The three in boxes are from way back when we offered these in our store. The scuttle was a prototype as we developed our standard size with the ten dollar bill there for scale. It is somewhat larger than what is currently in our store. This size is great for those seeking more volume. The last picture is a group shot of five slightly different lather bowls.

Not sure what is fair but first come, first served has been working for generations so will go with that. Just PM me here and include your email address. Then I will invoice you and will ship once it is paid. The shipping alone on these will run about $10.00. The total price for each one - including shipping - is just $20.00. Yes, I will be losing some on this but hey, this is B&B right? Just don't tell the First Mate, she does the books! (This is CONUS only please due to the low price.)

When you PM me, please identify the one you want and include your email address. I will update this thread as to what is sold / what is still available. As to the group shot, just pick one out and let me know which you would like. FYI, the three in boxes and the two in the front row of the group shot are our Classic design with rounded sides. See our site for more pictures of that style. Back row of group shot on the right is a Seaworthy style lather bowl - see site for design pictures. The other two in the back row have sides that are wide at the base and close up somewhat as they rise to the top rim.

Twenty bucks with shipping paid - you aren't going to do better than that!

IMG_6612.jpeg

IMG_6613.jpeg

IMG_6614.jpeg

Dang! They all look so beautiful! If I didn't have a Seaworthy (that I love, BTW!) already, I'd definitely want one of these bowls! As it is, I'm tempted to buy one as a backup in case anything happens to my current lather bowl. But I was thinking of getting a Captain's Choice copper bowl if/when my Seaworthy died.

Thank you @Captain Pre-Capsize for everything! Your very well packaged box made it to Washington in just 2.5 days and the extra goodies are very much appreciated. So far out of the sample pack of soaps, wow that Venture and Italia smell fantastic. Your Land Ho has a really nice scent as well, is this a seasonal or is it being discontinued?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I wouldn't expect nothing less from Captain Scott! He may like to do spring cleaning to gain space for future inventory, but when he offers a special price for B&Br's, thats kindess of the heart right there.

I tell you what Scott, after using your scuttle twice, after careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion, I need a smaller brush LOL! I love my 30 knott brush, but it practically takes up the whole scuttle lather space, gotta really work it to get a lather going. But make no mistake, I love my brush and I love my scuttle hehe.

proxy.php

I tell you what Scott, after using your scuttle twice, after careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion, I need a smaller brush LOL! I love my 30 knott brush, but it practically takes up the whole scuttle lather space, gotta really work it to get a lather going. But make no mistake, I love my brush and I love my scuttle hehe.

proxy.php

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

HAHA, I love that movie Jaws, such a classic! Gave people a lot of nightmares, but it was a good one. And, as far as fishing boats go, the truth is, their boat was pretty small in comparison to what is usually used today.

@Captain Pre-Capsize

So that brings me to ask you a question Scott. Would it be actually feasible to enlarge the scuttles, so that we have a larger lather area, or would that make too big of a cost increase for both your company to produce, and for us to purchase?

Top Bottom