What's new

Clip On Lens for Phone

Fantastic!

Amazing quality and I can't believe the price on these things.
I know it's insane a $30 phone and a $7 lens, and I'm taking much better pics than I ever got with a my my old 35mm Minolta and a big zoom lens that I had several hundred dollars in.

I know it's insane a $30 phone and a $7 lens, and I'm taking much better pics than I ever got with a my my old 35mm Minolta and a big zoom lens that I had several hundred dollars in.

Wellllll...I got it in and it's a nice, well made lens (.45X wide angle/macro) but it won't fit my camera without removing the case. I always have a case on my phone so it wouldn't really work out to pop the case on and off to use it.

No worries though...I will hang on to it for now and possibly look into adapting it to work with case at some point. They are very economical and what I would use as a "fun" lens :thumbup:

I have a case from Olio Clip for the ipod that accommodates the lenses. This lens set and case also fits maybe the iphone 6 which is quite a bit thicker then the ipod so there's spacers to adapt things for the ipod.

The original set i had won't work with the olio case on the ipod but i don't need those anymore.

dave

I have a case from Olio Clip for the ipod that accommodates the lenses. This lens set and case also fits maybe the iphone 6 which is quite a bit thicker then the ipod so there's spacers to adapt things for the ipod.

The original set i had won't work with the olio case on the ipod but i don't need those anymore.

dave

Now that sounds cool Dave. One of these weekend days when the mood hits I'll tinker around with the clip to see what I can come up with.

Wellllll...I got it in and it's a nice, well made lens (.45X wide angle/macro) but it won't fit my camera without removing the case. I always have a case on my phone so it wouldn't really work out to pop the case on and off to use it.

No worries though...I will hang on to it for now and possibly look into adapting it to work with case at some point. They are very economical and what I would use as a "fun" lens :thumbup:
Hope you can figure out a way to use it still. I actually just ordered a case for my phone so I may have to figure something out too.

Here's another spider pic using the macro lens from the Vivitar set. I still haven't played around with the Selfie set yet they look very similar, but are a little smaller and slightly cheaper. Not too bad for the price though.
IMG_20170813_092246.jpg

Hope you can figure out a way to use it still. I actually just ordered a case for my phone so I may have to figure something out too.

Here's another spider pic using the macro lens from the Vivitar set. I still haven't played around with the Selfie set yet they look very similar, but are a little smaller and slightly cheaper. Not too bad for the price though.
View attachment 812540

Great shots Troy! Yea I'll come up with something. It's a great concept.

I use this one for zoom still trying to get use to it, 18x zoom you turn the black section to zoom
20170813_161758.jpg

It came with table top tripod phone clamp and remote to take photo cost was £18.00, just bought the fisheye micro I think there is 5 lens for 5.99.

I use this one for zoom still trying to get use to it, 18x zoom you turn the black section to zoom
View attachment 812571

It came with table top tripod phone clamp and remote to take photo cost was £18.00, just bought the fisheye micro I think there is 5 lens for 5.99.
Wow, now that looks interesting!
So the zoom is adjustable, not just fixed at 18X?
Hope to see some pics from it once you get a handle on it.

I took this one with the Selfie macro lens. No matter how much I tried to line it up I still got a little bit of black in the corners. Looks like I could have gotten it slightly better though. Still not too bad for a lens that only cost $2 or even the $5 original price. The wide angle of the Selfie also block the corners out, at least on my phone (ZTE Majesty Pro). I do think the Vivitar is a better deal at $7 though. I think I'm going to keep this set on my work truck it is still better than nothing, may eventually replace it though these things are just so cheap its hard not to buy a few more. Probably wind up with a set in all my glove boxes.
IMG_20170815_104733[1].jpg

I took this one with the Selfie macro lens. No matter how much I tried to line it up I still got a little bit of black in the corners. Looks like I could have gotten it slightly better though. Still not too bad for a lens that only cost $2 or even the $5 original price. The wide angle of the Selfie also block the corners out, at least on my phone (ZTE Majesty Pro). I do think the Vivitar is a better deal at $7 though. I think I'm going to keep this set on my work truck it is still better than nothing, may eventually replace it though these things are just so cheap its hard not to buy a few more. Probably wind up with a set in all my glove boxes.
View attachment 813167

Yep, tough to top the price despite "quirks" like the vignetting. For what they are and the versatility they provide, not bad at all!

Top Bottom