What's new

Cleaning a Khaki?

I found a Khaki at a antique store yesterday. I am rather excited because I did not have one of these in my collection yet. It is a little rough. The razor itself cleaned up pretty nice, but I don't know how to clean the case. Does anyone have any advice?

Just got one the other day....Get Woolite fabric cleaner - put a small amount - say 1/2 teaspoon - in a large plastic bowl and soak in cold water. A large amount of dirt came out after an hour, so I set up a new batch, and let that soak a few more hours. after a thorough rinse, blot in a towel, and hang up to air dry. Woolite is gentle, and didn't harm the fabric or lettering. Here is a pic after cleaning. Please note this is for the all fabric case - soaking the box type set may add new problems!:001_smile

Last edited:
I clean my Khaki seta with Oxiclean. It eliminates the stains very well. Just dampen a cloth with a fairly concentrated solution of Oxiclean and rinse with warm water afterwards. And this is on the hard case as you have. You might want to experiment on the underside first.

Len

Top Bottom