What's new

Clean shave

Hello everybody ! Can you tell me, which straight straight razor can give me more clean shave, full hollow or wedge ? Thanks !

Shavingwith a true “full wedge” straight razor is quite an experience. ... A properly honed full-hollow straight razor can be the most comfortable shave you'll ... most desirable blades because of theirclean lines and awesome look.

I've acquired all shapes and sizes including 3/8, 4/8, 5/8, 6/8, 9/16, 13/16, 15/16, and true/full wedge, near wedge, hollow and extra hollow. I have discovered if properly prepared with honing and stropping, each of them will provide a clean shave. If not properly prepared, non will be effective.

The users skill and knowledge of the blade they are using is a significant factor in getting a good result. I find that a three pass using WTG, ATG, and XTG, well hydrated lather, and facial mapping to be important that no sharp blade can compensate.

You should be able to get an equally clean shave with either, if they are properly honed. They will have a different character.

I've acquired all shapes and sizes including 3/8, 4/8, 5/8, 6/8, 9/16, 13/16, 15/16, and true/full wedge, near wedge, hollow and extra hollow. I have discovered if properly prepared with honing and stropping, each of them will provide a clean shave. If not properly prepared, non will be effective.

The users skill and knowledge of the blade they are using is a significant factor in getting a good result. I find that a three pass using WTG, ATG, and XTG, well hydrated lather, and facial mapping to be important that no sharp blade can compensate.

You should be able to get an equally clean shave with either, if they are properly honed. They will have a different character.

+1 to these. Any well honed blade will do. It’s the user skill that has to be up to the task. The journey to get to that point is quite fun!

Top Bottom