What's new

Circuit Board Scales

Those are really good looking.
I know. I'd never even heard of that idea. He really did a great job.

Gee, thank you very much Steve and Mr. Lawson! I ended up putting a J. Rodgers & Sons in that last set.

20200829_000715.jpg

Really cool! Very cleaver.

That epoxy treatment could open up a lot of possibilities.

For those of us that have only used epoxy for gluing, could you take a few pics of the process.

I know it's been done a lot, but thought you folks might still like to see it. While repairing a Chromebook, the bad motherboard really jumped out at me. I thought it would be impossible to work with, but a scroll saw and belt sander made surprisingly light work of it. (With breathing protection, of course.) Two coats of epoxy finished it off. The show side center is the CPU, with memory on the back.

I'm still trying to master the details of this. The pivot pin is a little below center, but not as noticeable as the pics make it. The brass wedge doesn't taper perfectly, but overall I'm happy enough to try it again!

View attachment 1140119

View attachment 1140120

View attachment 1140121

View attachment 1140122
Nice! Well done. Unique!

You have made great work so don't be so strict with you. I have never seen anyone do the same thing as you have done. It looks amazing I would also like sometimes to be able to make it look like a real pcb chip. I am training almost every day and for this, I mustn't only master my picture skills, but also to practice my diy skills and become more experienced. Soon I hope to become able enough to do such cool things and show them to other people.

I know it's been done a lot, but thought you folks might still like to see it. While repairing a Chromebook, the bad motherboard really jumped out at me. I thought it would be impossible to work with, but a scroll saw and belt sander made surprisingly light work of it. (With breathing protection, of course.) Two coats of epoxy finished it off. The show side center is the CPU, with memory on the back.

I'm still trying to master the details of this. The pivot pin is a little below center, but not as noticeable as the pics make it. The brass wedge doesn't taper perfectly, but overall I'm happy enough to try it again!

View attachment 1140119

View attachment 1140120

View attachment 1140121

View attachment 1140122

View attachment 1140119

View attachment 1140120

View attachment 1140121

View attachment 1140122
Outstanding Conga
I'm eager to get it honed up, because I've never used a Friodur, a stainless or for that matter a Henckels! A few with more pleasant lighting...

View attachment 1140245

View attachment 1140246

View attachment 1140248
Outstanding CongaJon. Did you apply the epoxy with a brush or pour it on?

Top Bottom