What's new

Cinese Omega synthetic

Well, I recently bought this very cheap synthetic brush on eBay. It was less than €3, shipping included!
I'm looking around for a synthetic brush and I stumbled on this one. I had to give it a try, since it is so dirt cheap.
All I can say is it's that cheap for a reason, it really felt harsh on my face. One more for the kids to play with, I guess.

So all be warned and avoid this one, it is rather useless.

Anyhow, has anyone else seen these fake Omega brushes before?

$2013-02-28_19-31-20_575.jpg$2013-02-28_19-33-11_216.jpg

On a side note, I'm still looking for a small synthetic travel brush. One that will fit in a vintage bakelite tube that holds a Culmak Junior brush at the moment. If anyone can point me in the good direction, I'd be glad to hear your advice.
I was thinking of having one made at Frank Shaving if that would be possible at all.

Yeah, Omega's synthetic hair looks completely different than that. That looks like boar.

I've never had a synthetic brush made by Frank Shaving, but some guys have. You can search the forum for Ian Tang's email address. Or you could PM Rudy Vey here; he makes tremendous brushes and will work with you to make you happy, with tons of different knots to choose from. Just ask him which synthetic knots he has in stock.

Thanks for the tip on Rudy Vey!
And this one is definitely synthetic, the fibers have a shiny gloss and they feel different than natural hair.

Anyhow, has anyone else seen these fake Omega brushes before?

I have seen a semi fake Omega brush so to speak at an open air market. It had a different name which I do not remember but had the same letter font as Omega.

It had very harsh looking synthetic bristles. Might be made in the same factory as the one you bought.

Top Bottom