What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Happy #fuentefriday gentlemen
IMG_1940.jpeg

Ever have a Crimson Tide Moment when enjoying a Cigar? Had a friend who claimed to be retire USN Seal, my belief is guy was not but that is another story. Had a mom and pop restaurant where food was great, and last time we went there it so bad we never went back.

Gifted him a Cigar once, as I knew he smoked Cigars, and after seeing the guy several times I asked you ever have that No Band Cigar? How was it? Answer was away same busy, until one day he replied. Yes I did.

He asked me you see the Movie: Crimson Tide were after going to Sea in terrible rain storm at start of movie, then Captain - Gene Hackman and his XO - Denzel Washington were in a calm moment at Sea, perfect weather, Capital & XO were enjoying a Cigar, before submerging. If I recall it was XO's first Cigar, Cigar in Movie was a Padron.

Well this guy said that Cigar you gifted me created a Crimson Tide moment, I got the point. Everything about the Cigar was great. Funny thing was the Cigar I gave the Guy had No Band, it was rolled during last civil unrest in Nicaragua as money raiser to hire security, at the factory it was rolled at, it from some 10 y/o old prime Tobacco. It was one of 200,000 in 4 sizes that were sold to a friend in the Cigar Biz. First time I had one it was wonderful, after buy a couple of bundle because of back story. Recently I purchased the last 33 single in 3 different sizes.

Cigar the good one are bunched, & hand rolled. When you get one where everything form proportion of different tobaccos making up mix, the binder is right, the wrapper is perfect, construction is 110% on the money they can create a Crimson Tide moment.

JMHO

Pardon is IMHO got the best consistent Cigar be it their 1,000 Series, or Premium Stuff. They have their act together, and how they do it is a mystery. Never had a Pardon with any problems.

Well! I finally tried out one of the Romeo y Julieta blue-tin cigarillos I bought before Christmas. I lit up at my door and stepped outside to smoke in the cool morning. The main thing I noticed, and liked, was the peppery feeling in my nose as I puffed gently. The cigarillo is so short, of course, that holding it without getting too close to the ember becomes a problem after about five or six minutes! But then, they are intended to be short smokes.

😂 I just noticed that a pic I took of an Opus X Angel's Share is now in the first post of this threat.

I dream about that cigar and bottle of bourbon. I need more.

I grabbed an unknown cigar, probably a Privada Farm Roll from the humidor for a second stick tonight but the Nica Rústica is not wanting to quit.

We shall see .

Top Bottom