What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

20210802_121912.jpg
Enjoying a cool afternoon and had a visitor wander by....
20210802_144842.jpg

Eiroa Dark. Happy Birthday me. Guys at the shop paid the cigar tab. 😁 Cigar band hall of shame post inc View attachment 1305954
Was a decent stick. Construction was great. Smoke time was amazing for a little stick. It lasted a good two hours with me putting it down between puffs. It never had an off flavor just kind of lack depth of flavor. It was a full bodied stick but I never got notes of anything. Mouth feel was full but just straight forward. I think. I'm still working on better verbage to describe cigars to people with different palates. Cause it's a darn fine stick. Just not my type of pitch to swing at.

Like it - Oliva one of my go to smokes as fits the flavor profile...usually the SV Melanio Robusto
Olivia is probably one of my top cigars. Not only do I like the flavor profiles, but the construction is always good too. I’m not sure that I’ve ever had one with a burn problem.

Can’t go wrong w/these if you like a medium smoke

“My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between”…Churchill

Attachments

• 2948FDAC-9C0A-479F-8D95-E6CDAE5EE335.jpeg
    2948FDAC-9C0A-479F-8D95-E6CDAE5EE335.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 2
Can’t go wrong w/these if you like a medium smoke

“My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between”…Churchill

I swear it's an Opus X. Just not sure what kind 🤣
Christmas gift from a friend. Paired with some Smooth Ambler Contradiction and a Local Brewer Sideswipe Hop Tat.View attachment 1307035
Would like to try one

Had this monte cristo a few minutes ago out when the kiddos played. Not sure if it was just me but it was rather underwhelming in the flavor department. Maybe the hype I hear about the monte cristo? Maybe the specific cigar or line. I have one more dark dark cigar from them. Hopefully it will be a bit better.

20210807_193049.jpg

This afternoon I enjoyed a Alec Bradley Medalist. It had a nice draw, burned uniformly, and had a nice 'standard' cigar flavor. I would put it in second place though to the Perdomo Champagne 10th Anniversary cigar I had a while back.

I did not take a picture while I was smoking it but here it is along with some other Alec Bradley cigars I picked up during a vendor event at Butthead's Tobacco Emporium.

20210806_084149.jpg

Buy 4 and get 1 free plus I am entered into a raffle for more goodies. Not a bad haul for $30 and change. :em2300:

Tim

Perdomo 10 year Sungrow and a AJF New World Puro Especial- the star of the night.
PXL_20210809_235307351.jpg
PXL_20210810_020128880.jpg

And for those wondering, I nubbed the Lady Killer. It was a solid stick. Not earth shattering but a very solid stick. The Perdomo was ok. The AJF was easy going and very solid stick.

Top Bottom