What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

JD Howard Reserve robusto.

proxy.php

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

What’s gonna really blow your mind in a twilight zone moment. Is that I smoked that cigar exactly one year ago today. How weird right?[/QUOTE]

Weird! I lost my punch cutter so ended up smoking a Nica Rustica.

What’s gonna really blow your mind in a twilight zone moment. Is that I smoked that cigar exactly one year ago today. How weird right?

Weird! I lost my punch cutter so ended up smoking a Nica Rustica.[/QUOTE]

Ok this time I’m for certain. I haven’t had a Nica Rustica. How is it?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Weird! I lost my punch cutter so ended up smoking a Nica Rustica.

Ok this time I’m for certain. I haven’t had a Nica Rustica. How is it?[/QUOTE]

If you like full flavored cigar with Nicaraguan filler, mounds of smoke and a tasty maduro wrapper...its good! If you wait for the sales at CI it’s around 80.00 a box for the Toro.

Do you have a Stock Exchange badge?

Ok this time I’m for certain. I haven’t had a Nica Rustica. How is it?

If you like full flavored cigar with Nicaraguan filler, mounds of smoke and a tasty maduro wrapper...its good! If you wait for the sales at CI it’s around 80.00 a box for the Toro.

Do you have a Stock Exchange badge?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Sounds like a great smoke.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
A bit of a reward . . . ha like I need an excuse. Chipping ice out of the end of the driveway and cleaning the hard water stains off the glass in our shower. . . . . . . Like it is a hard life man!

A Flores.jpg

Kentos. . . stop looking at my ash!

Yes. Sounds like a great smoke.[/QUOTE]
Nica Rusticas are a great smoke! Sale prices are wonderful.

Yes. Sounds like a great smoke.[/QUOTE]

The Toro’s are on cigar bid resetting about $90 if someone doesn’t want to wait for the next sale.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Undercrown Liga Belicoso in use.jpg

Well it seems I'm not one to wait too long. So I had to dive in to a Liga Undercrown Belicoso.

It is pretty cool outside. In this dry winter air a lot of cigars shed their wrappers. Not the best . . but it was nice. Not much left on it as I set it down to get out of the cold. And being me. . . hobo . . . I will finish it tomorrow along side of a pipe or the next cigar tomorrow.

We just moved to a nearby town (bought our first house!) and at the St Pat's parade on Saturday I discovered a small tobacconist! It's called The Smoking Dog. I'm primarily a pipe smoker, and they only had a few tins of pipe tobacco (aromatics) and a smattering of pipes and accouterments. I decided to go with a couple of cigars instead.

My standby is La Aroma de Cuba, so I got one that I believe was the Churchill shape. I also got a Brick House, which appeared to be a Robusto. La Aroma de Cuba did not disappoint, it's really my ideal cigar -- mid-strength, toasty, rich flavor. Only criticism is that this one became difficult to draw about halfway through, so the second half wasn't the best.

The Brick House, on the other hand, was flawless. Perfect draw all the way, and the flavor was good. Another mid-strength, maybe a little lighter than La Aroma. The flavor was good as well, but again, maybe a notch less rich.

Excited to find a tobacconist nearby! They also have a lounge, so I may take advantage of that in the future. One of the great things about my new house is that it has a detached garage where I can smoke.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
One of my last two cigars (for the moment). I've been saving them for a special occasion, namely getting my water working again. That was today. It's mostly working, anyway. Good enough for a celebratory smoke.

IMG_20190305_114941973.jpg

Congrats @Kilroy6644 for getting the water on again. I have myself spent many nights fixing pipes in awkward places and situations. Water is a modern convenience that's so easily taken for-granted. Nothing special from my end, just a Perdomo Champagne while making a run to the dump.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Congrats @Kilroy6644 for getting the water on again. I have myself spent many nights fixing pipes in awkward places and situations. Water is a modern convenience that's so easily taken for-granted. Nothing special from my end, just a Perdomo Champagne while making a run to the dump.
I still have a leak in the wall when the shower is running, but as a perverse form of compensation, I have no hot water, so the shower won't be running much.

Top Bottom