What's new

Christmas Haul

Hello Folks! Merry Christmas! Post your shaving treasures you've received from your friends and family! Pictures and scent impressions (if applicable)! :001_smile We with gift certificates need some guidance.

:popc:

Last edited:
Well, it's a little premature but since I was tasked with buying my own shaving related gifts. This was done with compete love from the givers, they just wanted to make sure what I got I wanted ... So my Christmas haul is ...........drum roll .........

This year, I am grateful for Muhle R41: Semogue 1460 Boar Brush, 200 Astra SP, 50 Feather, 50 Gillette Silver Blue, 50 Shark, 50, Bic blades, 2 Tubes of C.O. Bigelow and a $25 AoS Gift Card. I am thankful my family supports this hobby, albeit they don't understand it completely.

So, who is next to share?

i have received... col conk amber soap, a Dovo #106 and a gresham strop.
the col conk.. not bad although i think i may have to try shaving DE with it to get a better idea

I'm not counting on getting anything shave related this year and that's fine, I don't need anything. In light of that, what better time than now is there to buy myself something I don't need? :laugh: I had planned to buy myself one of those ceramic Listerine frog blade banks on Ebay but I was outbid on my first attempt. When I started searching for another I came across this little brass guy and I had to have him. I'm amused by his posture with his hands on his belly and the expression on his face makes it appear like he's saying, "OY! What did I eat?!? My belly feels like it's full of razor blades!". (And it will be!) I love that the razor blades go in his mouth and when it comes time to empty the blades, the bottom cap screws off to make the job easy. I think he's a pretty cool looking little frog bank!

$Frog bank 004.jpg$Frog bank 009.jpg$Frog bank 006.jpg$Frog bank 003.jpg

So far I have received a Doug Smith pottery scuttle, and a Shaving Factory set with an apothecary mug, boar brush and stick of (gag) Arko.

I'm not counting on getting anything shave related this year and that's fine, I don't need anything. In light of that, what better time than now is there to buy myself something I don't need? :laugh: I had planned to buy myself one of those ceramic Listerine frog blade banks on Ebay but I was outbid on my first attempt. When I started searching for another I came across this little brass guy and I had to have him. I'm amused by his posture with his hands on his belly and the expression on his face makes it appear like he's saying, "OY! What did I eat?!? My belly feels like it's full of razor blades!". (And it will be!) I love that the razor blades go in his mouth and when it comes time to empty the blades, the bottom cap screws off to make the job easy. I think he's a pretty cool looking little frog bank!

View attachment 533504View attachment 533505View attachment 533506View attachment 533508

Doesn't want to sound like a lady but... he's so cute!

View attachment 533504View attachment 533505View attachment 533506View attachment 533508
thats brilliant mate. I'd say its a must have.

Tabac, Proraso blue and white aftershave balm and Trufitt and Hill Grafton aftershave. I've never used Tabac and I'm really excited to try it.

I'm pretty happy with what I have gotten so far.

Stirling samples - for soaps, I got sharp dressed man, ozark mountain, barbershop, ben franklin and they threw in a freebie of margaritas in the arctic. All of them smell fantastic, but I'm not a fan of the ben franklin. For aftershaves, I got vanilla sandalwood, barbershop, ozark mountain, sharp dressed man, and ben franklin.

Also went to the antique store today and picked up a cased old type. A nice treat for myself.

And the Wife gave me $50 for whatever I want to buy shaving-wise. I don't know what I'm doing with it yet.

So excited when I saw this under the tree $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419524748.073363.jpg

And inside the magical gift bag was a bottle of Floid pre-shave oil and a bottle of Myrosol lemon A/S.

$image.jpg
I got TOBS lavender cream, boots bay rum, molton brown soap and bath soap and some Lab balm and wash.
Merry Christmas people.

I got a Big Daddy Strop and a Sheiffield razor from my father. My girlfriend got me a Bostonian New Improved. I bought myself a bunch of Stirling soaps that are on the way

Got a nice brush yesterday, and Id say it was a great Christmas present that it actually arrived before and not after. Used it twice now and it just keeps getting better. Love this little guy, and its quickly becoming my favorite brush. Merry Christmas everyone.

$CIMG5401.jpg

I received a bottle of Jade East aftershave. My wife got it from a Country Store catalog she received recently. Can't wait to use it after tomorrow morning's shave.

This takes the cake, this frog would make me smile every time I discarded a blade. Congrats on the find, it's awesome!

Top Bottom