What's new

Checking in and waiting.....

Gotta say, been reading the threads in the soap section of the forums for the past 3 days, and I still don't know what soap to buy. I've narrowed it down to 5 soaps which I guess isn't too bad. Anyways, I'm waiting ever so patiently for my first DE razor which should arrive today. I've got an Edwin Jagger 89L coming in with some razor blade samples too. Actually looking real forward to a nice shave tonight. I know it'll take a while to get the hang of it, but the process should be fun. Now if only the postman would get here......

Jason.

I know how it feels. I got my razor and blades yesterday, and today discovered the soap in the mailbox. I'd suggest ordering one of the soaps ASAP, otherwise you'll have to wait for it to try that brand new DE.

Jason...good choice with the EJ89L! I have one and it is still my only razor...so much for RAD...SCAD and SSAD on the otherhand...:ohmy:.

Enjoy your shaves, and welcome to B&B!

Get one good tallow like Tabac and one good glycerin like Mama Bear. Everything else is just variations on a theme.

Welcome,

I've just started and am using a puck of Col. Conk. It's quite good and the lather you get reflects on your technique. It's also cheap and great value for money.

Welcome. You already made some good choices. I would go for Tabac (even if you don't like the scent the performance is the best out there for cheap), a glycerin (ogalla, mama bear, tgq, honebee spa, etc.), and a cheap tallow shave stick like palmolive, arko or speick.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Just had my first shave tonight and even though it wasn't BBS, it was still close and very enjoyable. Still don't have my brush yet, but it should be here soon which will surely help.

I started on Conk's Amber...I'm still on the first puck.

I'm new myself, but I get the impression here that it's a good idea to pick something and stick with it for a while as you develop your technique rather than trying a lot of different types out first.

I guess that's true in my case. At first my attempts at making a decent lather were rather dismal, but by now, with the same soap and some experience, the Conk soap is working very nicely.

To contradict myself a bit, I did replace my original boar brush with a badger brush...that made a big difference, too.

Conk's Amber is supposed to be unscented, but I love the smell. :001_smile

Top Bottom