What's new

Check this out guys.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Didn’t donate anything to the auction. Didn’t place one bid in the auction. Didn’t contribute 1 single thing to the chairty auction. Was not involved in anyway.

Yet...wants to take a dump on it.

This is the very definition of a troll. Don’t feed him. This is how the internet works :letterk1:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
It is not unusual for online auctions to work this way, though eBay doesn’t. Yahoo Japan auctions re-set a 6 minute clock if there’s a bid in tha last 6 minutes (I think that it’s 6). As long as there are bids during the increment, it will reset the increment. Only when there are no additional bids during the last increment will the auction end.

You can like or dislike it, but there isn’t anything out of the ordinary or sneaky about it.

^^^That’s how I understand online auctions to work^^ ^ Locally online auctions are extended by 90 seconds and will continue until no further bidding takes place. Additionally you can set an auto-bid limit. If you snooze you loose...

Its part of the excitement, my heart always race when I bid on razors and the auctions always end in “extra time”

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Sheesh! I guess if all you know about auctions is buying vintage razors off eBay the point of view is understandable, though somewhat misguided.

Personally, I think snipping sucks. I like the way things were done with the auction. I wasn't able to donate or bid this year, but have in the past. Hopefully next year will be a better year to participate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’d like to thank the donors, moderators, participants, and the people who took their time and effort to put this opportunity together for all of us.

It was fun!

As a 14-year cancer survivor myself (diagnosed in my mid forty’s), and having my and my wife’s life make several hard turns, the chance to participate in charitable events like this, ones without hidden agendas and management cost, mean more to me than I can express with words.

A great cause, a great donation, and a great prize for the winner. I enjoyed watching those two guys hash it out and the banter that went along.

congrats on the win, Dave. Are you honing these yourself or sending them out?

Thank you, David.
When the time comes. I think I can find a rock or two around here to rub them on.

An update.
This is what I bid on.
04EBD98E-7CBD-4B22-BA45-796B42AEEDDA.jpeg

FDBE8EB0-A3CF-41F5-B303-8FEA4808B520.jpeg

This is what I received!
I wish all my online shopping went so well.
F5B871DA-C2AE-4CD0-A0AA-C97E307A9F87.jpeg

A special thanks to @luvmysuper for going above and beyond!

Top Bottom