What's new

Cheapest Edwin & Jagger Super Badger Brush

Less than you think, about 5-7 days. Maybe 4 if you are in NY.

Holy cow. And the shipping was cheaper than if I'd just ordered it from C&E! If it's going to be that soon, I might hold off on shaving until I get that and get my Mama Bear soaps in the mail.

And it's ordered. Any idea how long I should expect shipping to take to NY from across the pond? Two weeks? A month? I have no idea. :confused:

I just ordered the medium marble from English Shaving Co. and it arrived in Ohio five days after I ordered. I was very very pleased with the shipping time.

I think you'll be pleased with the brush too. I've only used mine twice now, but I love it already.

Well, let me tell you about bad luck (or bad timing)

There I was on my must expected vacation around Europe and after seeing the prices of brushes in Italy (Acca Kappa and Omega) and Germany (don't remember the brand), I finally decided to buy the medium marble at the English Shaving Co. and have it delivered to my relatives' house in London.

Since I would be in Europe for two more weeks, and I heard the shipping was fast, I had no reason to worry.

But then:
First I got an e-mail the English Shaving Co. Because there was some caution on my credit card (the operator kind of flagged it) What made perfect sense since it was a Brazilian Credit Card asking for the Item to be delivered in London and the purchase itself was made on a computer in Vienna, while I was in that town).
OK, Costumer service was great and we sorted it out very quickly.

Since I would have a few more days in London there should be plenty of time for the shipment.

But Then:
Royal Mail went on strike precisely the during my last days in London. So, since I would probably not receive my marble in time, I just "had" to run to Taylors of old Bond Street to buy one of there cheapest Badger brushes, so I would at least have one to bring home.
Conclusion: My brush arrived two days after I left London (together with some samples I ordered) ha ha ha.
My relatives will forward it to me and the good part of the story is that now I will have 2 brushes after all. It's just hard to manage the Brush Delivery Anxiety Syndrome

Between the Small and the Large which would be recommended now? I don't really like the marble handle.

I decided to follow the recomendation of more experienced shaves and went for the medium.

I don´t like the marble either but the price difference made it worth it

My favorite is the Small! I also have a medium. I use the small 4 or 5 days a week right now! It handles both soap and creams with ease. Also remember that the handle increases in size as the knot size goes up. The medium handle is much larger than the small handle. I assume that the large handle is even larger. As I've said several times in this thread, you can't go wrong with either, especially at the clearance price!

V

VR6ofpain

Who has compared the C&E Best Badger ($35) to the C&E Super Badger ($85)? I was looking about them both and I definitely liked the size, feel, and look of the larger Super Badger, but felt the Best would work just fine for me. I was all set to buy it but they claimed to be out and not getting anymore in (the girl couldn't find it in the back...I wonder if they had any in the "cupboard" right under the display?).

I am wondering if anyone has tried them both and thinks the Super is worth the large increase in price? The hairs definitely felt more luxurious.

Who has compared the C&E Best Badger ($35) to the C&E Super Badger ($85)? I was looking about them both and I definitely liked the size, feel, and look of the larger Super Badger, but felt the Best would work just fine for me. I was all set to buy it but they claimed to be out and not getting anymore in (the girl couldn't find it in the back...I wonder if they had any in the "cupboard" right under the display?).

I am wondering if anyone has tried them both and thinks the Super is worth the large increase in price? The hairs definitely felt more luxurious.

I emailed C&E about it when the C&E I went into said they don't have a $35 Best. Their reply was that it's an online exclusive now.

I have the next step up from Best for EJ, which I think is Super, and I think EJ makes C&E's other brushes, too. That being said, it works very nicely for creams, but I'm not thrilled with it for soaps. I use my Tweezerman for soaps, and I think it works nicely. My brother-in-law has the EJ (same as C&E) Best, and likes it way better than the Tweezerman, though. Right now, without having felt the Best, aside from a more expensive Best inside C&E, I'm thinking I should have gotten the Best from EJ, regardless of any price difference. Just because I have over 20 soaps and only 3 creams.

I know that's confusing. My writing skills went to pot when I went to school for engineering.

I don't know if this helps but there is the great thread comparing pure, best and silvertip Edwin Jagger Bushes.

Since it's Edwin Jagger who makes the C&E brushes, it might help to answer your question

http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2355

In my opinion, if you're going to spend $85 on a brush, you can do much better than the C&E super. (On the other hand, if you're only looking to spend $35, the C&E Best is pretty much a can't-miss)

V

VR6ofpain

In my opinion, if you're going to spend $85 on a brush, you can do much better than the C&E super. (On the other hand, if you're only looking to spend $35, the C&E Best is pretty much a can't-miss)
Well said, thank you sir!

I have EJ Super badger brush that I use daily. The problem I have is that the brush keeps shedding. I find a loose or broken one almost every time I use it. Has this happened to others?

Top Bottom