What's new

Cheap Soaps - Arko vs Vitos

I like both Arko and Vitos (Red). Both are excellent soaps, both super slick,
One difference is, Vitos will load and lather (even) faster than Arko. I guess this is due to the "croapy" consistency of Vitos, as against the "hard soap" feel of Arko.

I like both Arko and Vitos (Red). Both are excellent soaps, both super slick,
One difference is, Vitos will load and lather (even) faster than Arko. I guess this is due to the "croapy" consistency of Vitos, as against the "hard soap" feel of Arko.
I think that is a big reason why I use these 2 so much on work days.

I can get a good quick lather even when I’m half awake in the morning.

I respectfully disagree. Try shaving with DIAL soap and tell me if you need more that one shave to judge it. Super drying. :)
I used to work with a dude that shaves with hand soap. He insisted it makes a lather just as good as shave soap. When he "proved it" to me I discovered that some people call "lather" what other people would call "foam". Thin, quickly dissipating foam.

The odd bit was he used a relatively expensive badger brush to lather his Irish Spring or whatever it was

OP - I've never tried vitos, but that's what I'd bet on, if for no other reason than post shave.

I used to work with a dude that shaves with hand soap. He insisted it makes a lather just as good as shave soap. When he "proved it" to me I discovered that some people call "lather" what other people would call "foam". Thin, quickly dissipating foam.

The odd bit was he used a relatively expensive badger brush to lather his Irish Spring or whatever it was

OP - I've never tried vitos, but that's what I'd bet on, if for no other reason than post shave.
I have tried to shave with Irish Spring and yes the "lather" dissipated quickly so you have to shave by the quadrant and be rather quick, but it is slick like crazy and I did get a great shave. Now would I trade my regular shave soap for it. Nope! Not when I can get very affordable shave soaps like Arko and company.

Top Bottom