What's new

Chatillon Lux Recommendations

Delor de Treget is my favorite. The ladies love it too

4th & Pine and TSM are also amazing

Most of the others I couldn’t really stand.

Shawn has said elsewhere that his Provisions line is going to get pared down to Gratiot League Square, Unconditional Surrender, Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli, an upcoming fougère named Weinstrasse, and 88 Chestnut Street in the spring and summer months. TSM will be retired on 6/15 so if you like that one, you'd better stock up.

Shawn has said elsewhere that his Provisions line is going to get pared down to Gratiot League Square, Unconditional Surrender, Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli, an upcoming fougère named Weinstrasse, and 88 Chestnut Street in the spring and summer months. TSM will be retired on 6/15 so if you like that one, you'd better stock up.

This is why I have purchased at least two bottles of every CL aftershave I can get my mitts on. I’ve got all the flavors mentioned in this thread, as well as several more (Clamorgen, Blackberry Blossom Bay, West Egg, etc.). I have yet to meet a CL scent I don’t like, though I like some more than others. A few I didn’t like as much initially, but with repeated use I came around (e.g., TSM Fougere). Definitely my favorite aftershave family.

I can't help myself from posting again. I used Lamplight Penance aftershave about 11 hours ago, and it's still in my nose. I usually spray an EdP/EdT/Cologne in the afternoon, but no need today. Awesome stuff.

I have Delor de Treget, Vide Poche, and Y/R/P. Vide Poche was my favourite from first sniff but I love all 3. Looking at Foret de Liguest and Champs de Lavande next

I love my Bon Vivant and I'm really sad to hear that it's discontinued. I might have to check out this Admiral though.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Got my admiral today.

Wow. This May be my new favorite CL scent. That smoke note is very similar to Fougère gothique.
If y 'all would take a stab at describing admiral id appreciate it
88 chestnut is my favorite although i have a few others

The given scent notes are actually an awesome indicator in this case.

Notes: Lemongrass, verbena, bergamot, aquatic notes, sage, black currant bud, riverboat smoke, tonka bean, musk

I smell the verbena/lemongrass right off the bat. It's sort of like Pez candy, but much more natural. After that, it's the incensey smoke note that is just beautiful. That note permeates for a while, and then you start to smell the sweet combo of the tonka and the black currant. 2 hours later, it still smells like smoke, vanilla, and berries.

It's awesome. I haven't been this excited about an aftershave scent in a while.

Lemongrass + verbena right up front. It's a slightly darker scent than I was expecting. I also get vanilla + honey notes after wearing it for a while.

It's a must buy for sure. One of my favorite CL splashes (and I think I've owned them all).

I love my bottle of admiral.
Shawn puts out outstanding products.
You know you can expect quality stuff.
I hope he never changes the way he makes product.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Lemongrass + verbena right up front. It's a slightly darker scent than I was expecting. I also get vanilla + honey notes after wearing it for a while.
It's a must buy for sure. One of my favorite CL splashes (and I think I've owned them all).

Thanks would you classify it as a summer s scent or more versatile?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The given scent notes are actually an awesome indicator in this case.

Notes: Lemongrass, verbena, bergamot, aquatic notes, sage, black currant bud, riverboat smoke, tonka bean, musk

I smell the verbena/lemongrass right off the bat. It's sort of like Pez candy, but much more natural. After that, it's the incensey smoke note that is just beautiful. That note permeates for a while, and then you start to smell the sweet combo of the tonka and the black currant. 2 hours later, it still smells like smoke, vanilla, and berries.

It's awesome. I haven't been this excited about an aftershave scent in a while.
Thanks that helps i think ill order this
Somewhat ashamed to say i dont know what lemongrass smells like.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Sounds like you need to get to a good Vietnamese restaurant now!! They will have some for you to try.
we get that dish (vegetables with lemongrass( occasionally but for the life of me i have no memory of a scent to compare to aftershave

Thanks would you classify it as a summer s scent or more versatile?
I don't think it's summery at all. The smoke, tonka, and berry notes are too dominant throughout the drydown. I think of the verbena notes up front as a bonus because they dissipate instantly.

I would consider it versatile, edging towards cold weather. It does not smell aquatic, IMO.

Top Bottom