What's new

charcuterie

Recent items pulled out of my drying chamber. They are all in vacuum packaging in the fridge now equalizing.

Beef Bresaola
proxy.php

Coppa
proxy.php

Duck Breast
proxy.php

I have a lonzino hanging now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's just that time of year when everyone's frazzled and distracted with too much on the plate trying to go in a multitude of directions at once, multi-tasking like there's no tomorrow... we will return, December can never end soon enough.

dave

Thanks for the kind words guys! I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Christmas!

Recent items pulled out of my drying chamber. They are all in vacuum packaging in the fridge now equalizing.

Beef Bresaola
proxy.php

Coppa
proxy.php

Duck Breast
proxy.php

I have a lonzino hanging now.

Wow. Great effort. This makes me want to try it even more. Thank you for sharing.

Great question Owen! The white part is actually a strain of mold in the penicillin family (good mold). It has formed on the outside of the casing that I stuffed the meat into because I actually inoculated the outside of the casing with this type of mold, the idea is that you spray on good mold to keep bad mold from forming. The mold is actually edible, but the casing I used is not so I take the casing off and the mold goes with it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Great question Owen! The white part is actually a strain of mold in the penicillin family (good mold). It has formed on the outside of the casing that I stuffed the meat into because I actually inoculated the outside of the casing with this type of mold, the idea is that you spray on good mold to keep bad mold from forming. The mold is actually edible, but the casing I used is not so I take the casing off and the mold goes with it.
Thanks.

First piece from my chamber. Using muscle from a wild hog hindquarter. cured and dried with Calabrian hot pepper. Good flavor, not gamy or too spicy.

IMG_0862.JPG

Tom

Top Bottom