What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

I received mine earlier today. I got the level 3 and 1, as I already own a level 2. I had been using the level 2, up until today, for an “every other day” shave. The level 2 is perfect for that. I just shaved with the new level 1, and it will now become my daily shaver! It’s just as smooth as the level 2, but it removed my, less than 24hr scruff gently, with no weepers or irritation. It’s amazing how these razors behave on my skin. I do own a gen1 level 1 and I love it. It gives me such a great shave, it’s my favorite. I need to do a comparison to see just how different they are, but it does remove all of my hair cleanly and smoothly, in one pass, even though it’s a level 1. The new ones seem to just glide low enough, so they just shave the hair off without touching the skin, it’s magical! Even my alcohol splash gave no burn, and I was able to feel the slick residue of the soap afterwards, when usually I don’t! I’m hooked! I just wish Brian would release a type of, special edition, with the look of the First generation. In the meantime, I’m a fan once more!

The ultimate shave Gen 3 Level 3. The end of the cap now covers the entire blade. No chance of ear nicks.
CG L3.JPG

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20220113_123642~2.jpg

Razor: Charcoal Goods Brass Gen 3 Level 3
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500E (TNS 26mm Quartermoon Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Van Yulay Puros La Habana (Tallow + Emu Oil)
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
20220113_123727~2.jpg

Excellent results. On my face, skin and beard, the CG G3 L3 baseplate is an improvement over the G3 L2! :thumbup:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11612675

I've been using this loaner gen 1 lvl 3 razor all week with different blades. Today I pushed the limits a bit with a fresh Kai blade. Foolishly I was also playing with brush options as well and got really poor lather, so I got a super close shave but not super enjoyable.
Imagepipe_9.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I love the Gen 1 Level 3 as well. But it’s always been a razor that lives past the line of what I consider smooth and comfortable. But the results were top notch. Just couldn’t use it that often. Gen 2 took that type of result, and took it closer to a shaver I could use comfortably, but not quite back over that line where I could use it regularly. This Gen 3 Level 3 is there… I think. I need a few more shaves with it. And I need to compare it to my WR2 1.55 pronto.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I think of this thread as the anti-GRUME, the Dance of the Enablers @BradWorld and @never-stop-learning (should be never-stop-enabling):devil:. Thanks a bunch, guys. I am already into this with my new Gen 3, level 2, new copper torpedo handle and incoming EveryDay plate. And no, I am not getting a Level 3. Enough already.:nono:
You know you want a Level 3. It's calling to you. ;) :innocent:

20220113_123727~2.jpg

I can attest as Gen 3 level 3 is amazing. Amazing smoothness and the perfect efficiency for my face. More enjoyable than Gen 1 imo. If you like a smoother Gen 1 or Gen 2 then Gen 3 delivers. If you enjoy Ikon Tech blade feel than Gen 1 Lvl 3 is for you. I think Brian hit it out of the park. Grandslam!

Tonight’s shave is CG LvL3 Gen 3. Simply Fabulous.

Same shave as yesterday:
PXL_20220114_012644904.jpg

CG LVL2 is my first brass razor and I am loving it. I too am missing a little efficiency from it, although the results are still great and it seems to be working well as a daily driver. I ordered it a few days before I embarked on GRUYERE otherwise I would be very tempted by the LVL3.

Top Bottom