What's new

Cella

Love Cella. It's on my list of top 5 favorites, along with MdC and Tabac. Just an amazing soap, easy to lather and very nice after shave feel. Smells like a treat also. What's there not to love!

My all time favorite shaving soap. It never fails to impress and provide a wonderful shave each and every time. I'm on my third kilo brick of it now.

Just finished Cella February. Still have plenty left over. Not a franchise player, but always in the rotation. It's the one I recommend to new wet shavers since it's so easy to get a good lather. I like the smell, but just let it air out a bit if you don't.

What's a short time?
Mines about two years old now and still good, except it's scent is mild now :( part of me keeps hoping it'd go rancid so I could buy another. Still performs great though

It was less than a year, maybe 8 months or so. I only used it maybe 15 times due to rotating my many soaps.

I always let it dry fully before putting it away, it was a chunk cut from a kilo and smashed into a glass container, and it has been the only soap I've ever had go rancid. Maybe I just got a bad batch, was a great performer though!

What's a short time?
Mines about two years old now and still good, except it's scent is mild now :( part of me keeps hoping it'd go rancid so I could buy another. Still performs great though

My Cella brick is even older than that and is still soldiering on - scent has weakened, color has darkened, but that's about it.
I also have some orange Cella tubs, used primarily when travelling, that are even older and they too are still perfectly usable.

I don't know what might cause the rapid Cella transformation, but in my case it has never occurred - and I never even bothered with the fridge routine.

B.

My Cella brick is even older than that and is still soldiering on - scent has weakened, color has darkened, but that's about it.
I also have some orange Cella tubs, used primarily when travelling, that are even older and they too are still perfectly usable.

I don't know what might cause the rapid Cella transformation, but in my case it has never occurred - and I never even bothered with the fridge routine.

B.
Mines a darker white now and kiddy gritty like there's bits of sand in it, not smooth as it once was. Still has scent(lighter) and performs. I just dry it for hour after. I'd recommend not much more then that did it twice and it shrinks. I suspect that's why mines gritty now. Wish it'd go , I want the new packaging. I've been cycling it in more to try to use it faster

Is there anyone here that has tried BOTH the Cella and TOBS Almond (cream), or Razorock P160, who could compare them for scent and performance?

A reply nice soap, and it gets along especially well with my Semogue 610 .... perfect for face lathering !

IMG_1803.JPG

Is there anyone here that has tried BOTH the Cella and TOBS Almond (cream), or Razorock P160, who could compare them for scent and performance?
I have all 3 and stirrings almond.
All good prefomers. For me I use more tobs to get similar prefomance of cella. P.160 is good but not as good as cella. It's scent is slightly different but little stronger then cella. Tobs is more pure almondly vs cella is a a sweet cherry almond.
Stirling did super strong almond. Quite different then the others.

Can't go wrong with any of them. For me cella with its scent and great preformance is the best slightly. P.160 is bit cheaper though.

Its the number 1 soap in my den! And my go to soap when I shave with a new blade or razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have all 3 and stirrings almond.
All good prefomers. For me I use more tobs to get similar prefomance of cella. P.160 is good but not as good as cella. It's scent is slightly different but little stronger then cella. Tobs is more pure almondly vs cella is a a sweet cherry almond.
Stirling did super strong almond. Quite different then the others.

Can't go wrong with any of them. For me cella with its scent and great preformance is the best slightly. P.160 is bit cheaper though.
Thank you for the comparison. very helpful

Someone slipped me a good sized chunk of Cella to use during "All Italian February" so that I wouldn't have to use Proraso every day for a month. I fell in love with it, and ended up using it all except 2 or 3 days last month. I've continued using it, but this morning I realized I may have one, maybe 2 shaves left and it will be gone. I really enjoyed it.

I just tried my tub today and am in love with it! Two things I regret: putting some on my lip, and not buying the brick. Really is tempting to lick my lips when you have delicious cherry/almond right under your nose. The cushioning was perfect for my skin I think too.

I see that stuff sold by the kilogram, how long does it take to go through that much? I have used a Muhle puck for over a month now and hardly made much of a dent on it.

Just used it today. Have a couple of samples that I bought from Maggard. The scent, the lather, the smoothness. Can't say enough good things about it.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Not only is this soap good in puck form, I put it into a twist up tube and it is best shaving stick I have. I have many sticks and Cella makes the best shave stick so far. You guys have to try this.

Cella stick.JPG

Top Bottom