What's new

Cella Vs Cella, what I believe

Marco,

I have to agree that the crema sapone extra extra purissimo is superior. I got the block about a month ago amd my first lather proved to be easier to lather and produced, in my opinion, a superior slick and protective lather. I got vitos red at the same time and have found that to rival Cella and has a wonderful scent...heavier on the cherry. Thanks for your wonderful insight!

Cella... On my second Month-athon with only a couple of "old formula" Raso Green detours (hey, it's STILL Italian...).

That crazy little red tub...it's the Sophia Loren of shaving!

(heaven knows what kilo block would be...)

The Cella in the kilo brick is definitely my go-to soap. I know what I'm getting every time. I'm relieved that I finally decided on a favorite! I think... :001_unsur

I used Cella, Crema da Barba all’Olio di Mandorla this morning and had an incredible shave. It will always be a repeat performer in my den. This thread has confirmed I will purchase either the kilo block next, or hope someone buys some and splits it on the BST. Thanks Marco!

First of all, the obvious: Cella is defintely top notch.

I am not a master Italian barber but I know how corporations think. Having two different products that are so similar that they have the same ingredient list and have them in two completely different sizes, makes no business sense. It does make sense to package the same product with two different names in the two different sizes though.

As to the different "aging" process between the two, perhaps that is Corporate Speak for: "we repackage the old kilos that we couldn't sell into red tubs".

Would anyone be interested in doing a group buy on the brick? Not sure how that works out with cost of shipping but I'd be interested to hear if anyone has experience with it.

Would anyone be interested in doing a group buy on the brick? Not sure how that works out with cost of shipping but I'd be interested to hear if anyone has experience with it.

I would do a group buy on this. Great thread to read!

WoW! This was a FANTASTIC read. Ive tasted the crop (red tub). Now, I MUST try the CREAM of the crop! Wow! Great read!

Yeah, some of the threads that were born in 2010 and fizzled out in 2012 still have some useful information, haven't they?

P160 seems to be pretty much a thing of the past though.

Personally, I always had a soft spot for Valobra, but that brand is less know, harder to find and produces on a much smaller scale. http://www.valobra.com/english/shaving-soap.html

Yeah, some of the threads that were born in 2010 and fizzled out in 2012 still have some useful information, haven't they?

P160 seems to be pretty much a thing of the past though.

Personally, I always had a soft spot for Valobra, but that brand is less know, harder to find and produces on a much smaller scale. http://www.valobra.com/english/shaving-soap.html

They carry Valobra at the Central Market by my house, thats where I got my Cella, I went there with that on my list too as I havent tried it yet but they were sold out. They had the Valobra shave stick. They also carry the 1kg cube of cella and as soon as I put a dent in my first red tub ever, I will be going back for the box.

Top Bottom