What's new

Cella Tastes Bad...

Hello,

Just throwing this out there. I know there is tons of love for this soap, but it wasn't for me. The smell was a little to play-doughy for me. The real deal breaker was the taste. I always manage to get a small amount of lather in my mouth, and normally I barely notice. Cella would make me start coughing from the taste. Very bitter. I passed the soap along on the B/S/T but I thought I'd pass this along and see if I'm the only one who cares about how a soap tastes.

U

Utopian

I cannot imagine why you would feel it necessary to taste your soap.

Home made sour dough bread,home made pork belly bacon,100 gms cella in the panini maker as we speak,sorta looks like mozzerella,will report back later.

I always get lather on my lips, then in the process of opening and closing my mouth during a shave I always get some in my mouth. MWF tastes quite nice actually. Cella would make me cough it was so bad. I remember in one of the soap making threads they mention that you add sugar/sweetener to soap so it tastes better if you get it in your mouth. Maybe need to add some sugar to the cella.

I don't think I've ever gotten any in my mouth, but if I did, I wouldn't expect it to taste good; in fact I'd expect it to taste bad . . . like soap.

Hello,

Just throwing this out there. I know there is tons of love for this soap, but it wasn't for me. The smell was a little to play-doughy for me. The real deal breaker was the taste.

If you must eat it, slather a layer of bacon fat over the top. It'll undercut the sheep fat in there, and lets face it, who doesn't love bacon in the mornings?

I think there is a bacon flavored shaving soap out there...

I'm surprised so few people get shaving soap in your mouths. Honestly most of the stuff doesn't taste bad at all. You hardly notice it if you get it in your mouth.

Nope I'm in the states. I've never tried it. I thought it might be mama bear's. I just remember someone mentioning it...or maybe it was in the B/S/T

some lathered up T&H West Indian Limes is a wonderful citrus alternative to whipped cream! :thumbup:
BTW I'm from Canada and will pay anything to learn where to get this bacon shaving cream you speak of. ANYTHING. :laugh:

Top Bottom