What's new

Castle Forbes

Is Castle Forbes just not as popular as it use to be? It use to be the ‘creme de la creme’, so it’s interesting that it doesn’t seem to get as much discussion as it use to. Any reason why the fall off?

I’ve wanted to try CF lavender for some time… I haven’t gotten around to it because I could have 2 or 3 really nice artisan soaps for the same price. Maybe one day

It is really great. I have the lavender version and I will happily pay another $40 for another tube of the lime version.

The reason it is alone in the corner is maybe because there are so many other good creams and soaps people want to speak about.

its just expensive and not readily available at most retailers. They also don't really offer any unique scents. I'm sure they're nice but realisitically, most people don't need to fork out the premium to get one note scents regardless of how premium they are. Like I appreciate fragrance that is extract/oil based and not synthetic but its not for everyone when the lightweight contenders are cheaper, easier to find and honestly great performers.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I have the 1445, it’s a good quality soap. I doubt I would replace it as I’ve found several others for a more reasonable price point. For the top dollars, I prefer triple milled with a wider variety of fragrances.

I think that makes a lot of sense. I wonder if going from glass dishes to plastic dishes really hurt their appearance as a luxury product.

I’m not crazy about glass in the bathroom. It’s heavy and it breaks. I much prefer a nice, solid, plastic tub like the Fitjar Islands or the new MdC containers. Ceramic is nice too. At least it’s not so sharp when it shatters. In the end, what really counts is what’s in the container.

Last edited:
I even put rubber feet on the glass jars so that they don’t slide around as easily on the ceramic. 😂

976F0B59-EBD7-4A3B-9B93-906B4C7783DF.jpeg

I’m not crazy about glass in the bathroom. It’s heavy and it breaks. I much prefer a nice, solid, plastic tub like the Fitjar Islands or the new MdC containers. Ceramic is nice too. At least it’s not so sharp when it shatters. In the end, what really counts is what’s in the container.

I completely agree with you.

Top Bottom