What's new

Carpathia sacked my brush

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I shaved with Southern Witchcraft's Carpathia soap three days ago.My brush still smells like it. I was wondering if this will mix with another soaps fragrance or should I just let the scent dissipate before I use this brush again?

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Haven’t used that particular soap but it happens all the time with my artisan soaps and badger brush. Just use your brush as is with another soap, it will work just fine and won't impact another scent. The new scent will stay until further use etc

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might try cleaning your brush with a shampoo or with Dawn dish detergent. That might remove some of the residual scent and should not harm your brush. Next time you use the soap, try a synthetic brush as the synthetic fibers will not absorb the scent as easily. However, the outsides of the fibers can still get coated.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It seems many "artisan" soaps really go into heavy, strong scents.
Unnecessary in my personal opinion, but some folks like it.
I like aftershaves, so I try to avoid heavily scented soaps.
Some people with sensitive skin can have a reaction with over-use of soap scents, but if it works for you that's all that matters to you.

Worst case: sprinkle a little Lilac Vegetal into your sink and you won't notice the brush smell at all! :lol1:

Top Bottom