What's new

Captains Choice Nor'easter aftershave first use

First off, I would like to thank @Captain Pre-Capsize for this wonderful gift. I was one of the lucky members that won a PIF from the captain for his new aftershave, Nor'easter and received it yesterday. When I opened the package and saw the bottle, the first thing I thought was that this was a first class product. Packaging is great, and this did not disappoint. My first sniff was rewarded with menthol. I'll just start there, if you like menthol you will love this.
This morning I had my normal shave, using cella soap with my Gillette tech razor. All went well. Normally I use a witch hazel as my aftershave, and did that today as well. Then I read the ingredients and saw that it is the number two ingredient, which is awesome! As I put a splash on my hands I got the same strong menthol smell. What a way to wake up in the morning! I put it on the face and got a nice tingly sensation. Not a burn, which I was kind of worried about. It was just right. The scent was strong, but not too bad I thought. It reminded me of my grandpa after he shaved when I was growing up.
Normally I am out the door before my wife wakes up. Long story short, that didn't happen this morning. I went to tell her bye and she said the scent was very overpowering to her and that I smelled like old man (note, I personally don't think that's a bad thing).
Overall, I was pleased with this aftershave. I also liked the personalized note from The Captain. That was awesome. This is something I will continue to use during the work week, but probably can't get away with it when the wife is around.
Thanks, Captain, for a great product and great customer service. I've always thought of trying the 45th parallel line and this has confirmed that I definitely need to pull the trigger.
Thanks again!

IMG_20191009_062046.jpg
IMG_20191009_062019.jpg

Top Bottom