What's new

captain's choice heavyweight copper bowl

does anyone have this bowl? what are your thoughts on it? I have the regular ceramic captain's choice bowl and I like it, but I am worried about it breaking. I am a face latherer most of the time, but I have been making some pretty good lathers with my ceramic captain's choice bowl and I am trying to decide if buying the heavyweight copper bowl is worth it because copper is unbreakable. anyone can help me, please do. is the copper heavyweight bowl the exact same size as the regular captain's choice ceramic bowls?

The @Captain Pre-Capsize (of Captain's Choice) sponsored a PIF last week. There were two prizes of $50 gift certificates. I am pleased to report that I was one of the happy recipients of the prize.

I used the winnings to acquire a Heavyweight copper lather bowl. It's heavy, it's hand crafted, it's very nice, it's the right size and it won't break. To me, it's a classic design in a classic material. Truly an excellent piece!

I'm pretty sure that the ceramic bowl and the heavyweight copper bowl are the same size.

I love mine. On the Captain's website, he lists both ceramic and copper bowls as being being 4.5" Dia. x 1.5" high. the Heavyweight copper weighs about 11oz., giving it a nice heft. Like the ceramic, it curves in a little at the top to help contain the lather.

Since I'm a clumsy shower-shaver who bowl-lathers, a breakable bowl isn't in the cards for me. The CC heavy copper replaces a Timeless bowl and has a much more luxurious feel to it.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have 3 heavy weight CC copper bowls. Two I bought for around the house: 2 Aquamarine bowls. I keep my car keys in one of them. The first Aquamarine I bought was appropriated by my wife to use in our TV room.

I bought the third one: just the regular heavy copper bowl, but I made the mistake of polishing it like @SgtCrppls and it is so beautiful, I have it sitting on the end table next to the chair I use in the TV room.

I really need to buy one and actually use it for its intended purpose. 😉

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
I was the lucky recipient of the other gift certificate. I went with the standard copper bowl and it is fabulous! I can’t imagine the heavyweight is anything but terrific if you want the weight.

I had a beautiful cobalt blue Captain's Choice Seaworthy lather bowl. It was my favorite piece of shaving gear. Unfortunately, it dropped from the edge of my sink into my sink and broke. I replaced it with a Captain's Choice standard copper lather bowl.

The Seaworthy I had seemed a little bigger than the copper bowl. However, the copper bowl is plenty big enough for me to make more than enough lather for my usual two pass shave. If the heavyweight is anything like the standard copper bowl, it should be fantastic.

Top Bottom