What's new

Captains choice bowl

Doesn’t matter if you put a snurdle of cream into it or load your brush from a puck.

Heavy weight is a thicker gauge and flared rim. I like the regular lighter weight with the rolled edge.

4AE8F46E-1E41-4FFF-A50B-E7531678B3D2.jpeg

I prefer the heavier one because it just feels more solid and inspires confidence. The standard is fine too though. My standard has been knocked off the counter multiple times (all by my wife) and doesn't have a dent to show for it. I feel that the ceramics actually do a slightly better job, but only recommend the copper because of the durability.

Soap or creams will do fine. It's just easier to add cream directly to the bowl.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
According to Captain's Choice explanation--
The standard version was Captain's Choice's original idea when developing the Copper Bowl, so I prefer it.
Because it shows the spirit that this design wants to convey.

The weight version was an experimental version during the development of the copper bowl. At that time, they tried to overcome the deformation problem and continued to increase the thickness. In the end, although they found that the problem could be solved by curling the edges, the option of the weight version was retained because of consumer demand.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm probably an odd one.... OK, OK, Ok... I am an odd one. I have all three of the heavyweight bowls... I bought the Aquamarine bowl first, but not as a shaving bowl, but a vessel in which to place my car keys. My wife appropriated it immediately as a small decoration piece in our TV room as we had just added two leather swivel chairs in a blue/green leather and the Aquamarine complimented them. It sits on a little round accent table with a 2" thick, natural crystal top.

So I bought a second one for myself.... then I bought the regular heavyweight for lathering. @SgtCrppls polished his to a bright shine and I decided, I liked that look so I hand polished mine. It is so beautiful, I have it setting next to my leather library chair in the same TV room on an end table.

OK... one more try... I bought the Obsidian bowl.... but we are using it as an accent bowl on our glass top TV stand.

So, none of them have seen soap for lathering, but I enjoy them every single day.

Thanks guys for all the replies, but i decided to go with a cheaper and better option, a copper mug off the bay that should contain lather better.
IMG_6808.jpeg

Top Bottom