What's new

Captain's Choice and The Great Shave 2012!

Apologies! Just received an e-mail that states:

The Dank Haus is half a block north of the Western Ave Brown Line stop. If you are driving, there is free parking available in the MB Financial parking lot on Lawrence Avenue starting at 6pm (please see map below). If you arrive earlier than 6pm, you can usually find free parking on the side streets surrounding the Dank Haus. There is also metered parking on Western Ave and Lawrence Ave.

Well, I am back and it was a blast. It was like going to a party and having a shaving event break out. :thumbup:

Many great contacts were made and loved meeting customers who had bought Captain's Choice over the past year. Many of them are active right here on Badger and Blade. Very cool to have guys coming up to the table with a look of recognition saying, "Heyyyy, I have heard about Captain's Choice." Terrific interest in the new Cat O' Nine Tails aftershave and there were a number of folks who wanted to know more about our new olive oil based bar soap for the shower/bath. (Not even on the website yet!)

Caswell Massey, Jack Black, Muhle, Trufitt and Hill, Parker, Dreadnought and others were there. Waiters were walking around with hors de houevers, there was locally brewed craft beer, drinks, live music and animated conversation. Great to reconnect with folks that we met last year. Jess was there from Stag Barbershop doing straight shaves along with two other ladies from her shop. Mantic59 was there and others - small seminars earlier in the afternoon on various aspects of shaving.

There were noticeably more women there this time, a lot more women. Merz Apothecary really did it right, a big THANK YOU to Abdul, Anthony and Jeffery for putting together another memorable evening this year. It was filled with memories and time spent with like-minded folks. A great, great time - wow!

Last edited:
I'll echo what the Captain and John said. The Great Shave 2012 exceeded my expectations! The food and libations were terrific as were the vendor displays and the Q & A sessions with Mantic and Lynn. All of the above were well worth the $20 ticket price. The goodie bag was icing on the cake.
The guys and gals at Merz Apothecary did a wonderful job of really making everyone feel welcome and putting on a nice party that just happened to revolve around shaving.
Captain, it was nice chatting with you and your wife and I look forward to picking up a bottle of Cat O' Nine Tails next time I stop in Merz. John, I'm sorry we didn't bump into each other.
Cheers,
Ron

Top Bottom