What's new

Can't log in with Firefox on phone

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Here's what I'm getting...

Screenshot_20240109-213719.jpg

That green line towards the bottom, is the privacy settings pop-up. You have to tick/untick options, then click save and accept to move onto the log in page and all the forum functions.

However, that pop-up is locked right there under the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, and I can't bring it into frame. Can't tweak or accept settings, and so I can't move past it to use the forum in any way. Rotating the screen doesn't help. Refreshing the screen doesn't help. Clearing the cache doesn't help. I even rebooted my phone. No change.

I've used another browser to get in for now, but there may be other users who are locked out and who don't have a second browser.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Well I got in but it was painful. I’m using Apple OS but didn’t get that same screen as you.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Well I got in but it was painful. I’m using Apple OS but didn’t get that same screen as you.

I think that pop up (privacy and transparency) might be a legal requirement for UK and EU members. As such, it might not be triggered from your location.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Have you tried Desktop mode?

No. Everything defaults to mobile view here. I have enough trouble seeing that most days, never mind shrinking stuff further 🤣

Out of interest, are you suggesting a forum setting for desktop mode, or a browser setting?

lasta

Blade Biter
No. Everything defaults to mobile view here. I have enough trouble seeing that most days, never mind shrinking stuff further 🤣

Out of interest, are you suggesting a forum setting for desktop mode, or a browser setting?

Firefox browser setting:
Screenshot_20240110_141410_Firefox.jpg

Bottom right corner, after you click the three dots

Last edited:

lasta

Blade Biter
Just tried it. It still docks behind the toolbar. :(

Note: this is something that's only changed within the last 24 hours or so, and I haven't done any updates or tweaks in that time.
Hmm, I hate to suggest it on our favourite site, but ublock really does solve a lot of the problems that are popping up recently.

You can get it for the mobile browser too.

Al, you might want to give DuckDuckGo a try. Build around privacy including blocking and a good engine for most websites. Works very well with B&B (at least last time I checked).

Brave is also a good alternative.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Al, you might want to give DuckDuckGo a try. Build around privacy including blocking and a good engine for most websites. Works very well with B&B (at least last time I checked).

Brave is also a good alternative.

Brave wants me to have a newer operating system than my phone will run. I haven't tried the duck. I'll take a look at the repository at some point, and see if there's a compatible version.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Whatever went wrong, has now been corrected. Normal service has resumed. If this was by intervention, thank you for your help. 🍻

Top Bottom