What's new

Canon hs 50 vs dslr

I am having trouble making the final pull of the trigger. I guess it boils down to dslr= flexibility on creativity in aperture settings ie portrait shooting and with the hs 50 being able to grab and go.

Through this thought up in a pitch, but would like some feed back, the dslr would be a sony a55 used.

Thank You to the Darkroom contingent.

Well, to me the Sony wins, no contest. Neither camera is small and pocketable. The sony has better battery life and better lens options. Personally, I have never used an EVF camera other than live view on P&S models, so no real comment on that.

DPReview has indepth reviews of both cameras.

-X

Legion

Staff member
Great big zoom Vs a bit better picture quality due to a larger sensor.

If zoom is a factor get the canon, because you will never get that kind of range with the SLR (1200mm equivalent). That is really the only thing that sets the canon apart. If zoom is not a factor you could get a better, more compact camera for the same dough.

The zoom is really what is throwing the decision. Big zoom and low cost. I have used the a55 and enjoyed it, but the cost is prohibitive to get setup. I think I can be satisfied with the Canon. I thought the 60 would be hear and it would have a better sensor.

Top Bottom