What's new

Can old shaving pucks be effective shower soaps?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
While I wouldn't shave with bath soap (I did have to shave with Miracle Whip once--don't ask:001_rolle), I wonder if old half-depleted hard shaving soaps would effectively clean you in the shower. I have a couple that I liked the scent of back in the day but moved on to better things. I'm sure some of you have done it, but is shaving soap as chemically effective for cleaning as a designed bath soap such as Dove or Dial?
It works just fine as a bath soap but be prepared to spend some extra time rinsing the lather off. Dial and other such soaps are not good for your skin as they contain antibacterial agents which wipe out your skin biome. In that respect, shaving soaps would actually be better. I just use a pure lye soap which consists only of water, lye and some type if fat - no added chemicals or perfumes.

Last edited:
Saw a comment once about rounding up the scraps of shaving soap and microwaving them into one piece, then using that as shower soap. Interesting idea..
I like to mix soap. I did this with leftover soap. Very good soap turned out. I added some lemongrass essential oil.

Reactions: tm3
Top Bottom