What's new

Can anyone tell if my razor is wider at the heal then the toe or if its fairly even?

Not trying to nit pick or anything like that but I just got this new TI and I'm wondering if it is wider at the heel then at the toe or if it just seems that way because its a french nose? If so, how do I correct it? I have a hard time telling if its profile is normal or uneven from just looking at it. Razors bring out my OCD, lol. Anyway, here are some photos to help.

IMG-3299.jpg
IMG-3300.jpg
IMG-3302.jpg
IMG-3303.jpg
IMG-3304.jpg

Last edited:
It is hard to understand from the photo but it seems to me that the toe-spine measurement looks shorter than the heel-spine measurement.
1644144748206.png

You can make sure by measuring it with a caliper.

If your measurement indicates that toe-spine measurement is shorter you can shorten the heel-spine side. But if in current measurements the bevel setting and edge is good I highly advise to not touch it.
If the bevel geometry is not proper and the edge sharpness is not even from heel to toe, you may consider to shorten the heel-spine side.

To shorten you can use DMT (Coarse) or Sand Paper 500 and 1000 on flat surface or 800 grit stone. You can start with 60 degree and continue with 30 degree. And of course you have to check with your caliper very often. Once you get the correct measurement you have to re start to bevel setting.

First of all that is a beautiful razor.
To me the tow seems to be a little wider, but it might just be an uneven grind. If you mark one side of the spine and bevel with a sharpie. Rub the razor on a piece of white paper in the longitudinal direction of the blade to transfer the sharpie before it dries. Then you an compare it to a straight edge and measure it with a calliper.
If there is some unevenness it might not effect the shave.
Your can take it to your LPB and see how the undercut is on your stone. If that is not enough you can take it further down in grit.

From the photos (and I'm looking at this on my phone, not desktop) it looks like the length from the spine contact line to the edge is identical. There is more thickness on the back of the spine at the heel because of the way the tang is designed.

Do you not have access to a ruler or a tape measure?

From the photos (and I'm looking at this on my phone, not desktop) it looks like the length from the spine contact line to the edge is identical. There is more thickness on the back of the spine at the heel because of the way the tang is designed.

Do you not have access to a ruler or a tape measure?
I did not think of this, that makes sense now and makes me feel a whole lot better. I have a ruler on the way.

Top Bottom