What's new

Calgary Herald Newspaper :Why traditional straight-razor shaving is making a comeback

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Seriously though, you may be correct, but I think to the majority of people who may read that article, it doesn't really make any difference.
It's transparent to the general public.

Seriously though, you may be correct, but I think to the majority of people who may read that article, it doesn't really make any difference.
It's transparent to the general public.

I concur, which is why I think the writer did a fine job---for the purpose. I can't say I'm a big fan of that kind of advo-tainment, but it's here to stay. My larger point (is this horse dead enough?) was the criticism of the reporter should only be taken as negative if one thinks she was trying to write a legitimate article on traditional shaving, with no local buisness PR angle. If one accepts that there was an intentional PR/advertising aspect to the story, that criticism is unfounded. Man, I'm even boring the crap out of myself.

I concur, which is why I think the writer did a fine job---for the purpose. I can't say I'm a big fan of that kind of advo-tainment, but it's here to stay. My larger point (is this horse dead enough?) was the criticism of the reporter should only be taken as negative if one thinks she was trying to write a legitimate article on traditional shaving, with no local buisness PR angle. If one accepts that there was an intentional PR/advertising aspect to the story, that criticism is unfounded. Man, I'm even boring the crap out of myself.

Take two and text me in the morning:

$chill_pill.preview.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom